What's new

New guy checking in

Hey guys. I am fairly new to the world of using a safety razor. I have been using a Lord L6 for about 5 months now with Feather and Gillette 7-0 clock (green box) razors. Originally, I intended on getting a brush and shaving soap/cream, however, I received a can of C.O. Bigelow shaving foam for Christmas. Being one not to waste, I have been using my safety razor with this foam. Honestly, it hasn't been bad and I like the feel of the eucalyptus in the foam. Today, I ordered a brush and Razorock "Brain freeze" shaving soap. Eventually, I would like to upgrade my razor even though the Lord L6 seems to be doing okay. Luckily, I have liked both of the blades I have been using. Anyway, just wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone. Any recommendations on razors, creams/soaps, etc are welcome!

Hello and welcome to B&B. This is a great forum full of friendly, helpful shavers. You'll learn a lot here.

Welcome to B&B. I have the Edwin Jagger 89 and I like it quite a bit. I use a brush and C.O. Bigelow shaving cream and it is very good although I am using quite a few different ones in my rotation as many others do. A brush can be gotten very cheaply and a lathering bowl can be "anything" as many here find a cheap small salad bowl adequate. "Say Cheap". Anyway, smooth shaves and enjoy your journey!

Hey guys. I am fairly new to the world of using a safety razor. I have been using a Lord L6 for about 5 months now with Feather and Gillette 7-0 clock (green box) razors. Originally, I intended on getting a brush and shaving soap/cream, however, I received a can of C.O. Bigelow shaving foam for Christmas. Being one not to waste, I have been using my safety razor with this foam. Honestly, it hasn't been bad and I like the feel of the eucalyptus in the foam. Today, I ordered a brush and Razorock "Brain freeze" shaving soap. Eventually, I would like to upgrade my razor even though the Lord L6 seems to be doing okay. Luckily, I have liked both of the blades I have been using. Anyway, just wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone. Any recommendations on razors, creams/soaps, etc are welcome!

Keep us updated on your brush delivery. The Ed jagger is a good starters razor as suggested.

Got the brush, Razorock soap, and EJ DE89 Barley that came with 5 Derby blades. I also picked up a VDH shave kit just to have. First shave was pretty good. I will say I enjoyed it more than the shaves I have been getting with the L6 Lord. Happy with my purchase. I will be experimenting with blades. Derby wasn't bad but I think I will like the Feathers and 7'Oclocks better in the DE89. I will likely pick a few from tray blade.com.

Top Bottom