What's new

It's happened. Don't tell SWMBO.

It's finally happened. I've been ordering enough stuff that I've started having half of it shipped directly to my office, in hopes that SWMBO doesn't notice when I integrate it all into my collection... :lol:

Last week it was some restoration supplies from Maggard.

Yesterday it was a new DT slate stone.

Today (thus far), it's been three vintage SR's. A Dubl Duck, a Pipe razor,and a Bismarck.

This is all on top of the new badger hair knots, new TI Le Grelot, and other odds and ends that are currently on their way to my home address.

Safe to assume I'm not alone in this one? :laugh:

I made the mistake of sharing a bank account and committing to a budget... Finery, gun and bass guitar AS all suffer :(

I have a separate account ánd all packages are delivered at my office, so the Mrs doesn't have a clue what I spend.
Which, nowadays, is practically nothing (at least not on razor related stuff).
I hope you'll get rid of that buying urge sooner rather than later.

I've pretty much slowed down big time on purchases, but my problem was that I actually WANTED to show all of my new acquisitions to SWMBO to share my excitement!! lol

I got the roll of the eyes more than once!

Funny thing is, SWMBO mostly supports my AD's. I enjoy the "thrill of the hunt" and she gets a kick out of it, plus, I generally don't spend a whole lot of money.

Nice to see I'm not alone though. Strength in numbers or something like that... :lol:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
All my stuff comes to the house. We carpool, so she gets to see whenever there is a box waiting for me.

"Shaving stuff again?" is the usual question. The answers vary (but are always truthful):
- Yup... cheaper than a night out with the boys, and it lasts longer
- Nope, chess books
- Nope, <insert other purchase description>

Nothing to hide here. Plus our accounts are joint, as are the credit cards. So sometimes (like yesterday) I get quizzed on the Amex stmt' "chess tnmt" (I play online ICCF) was yesterday's answer.

She might not always agree with what I spend $ on, but we have yet to argue about $ in the 17 years we have been together. We respect each other's choices and the fact that we both are generally savers by nature helps a lot.

All my stuff comes to the house. We carpool, so she gets to see whenever there is a box waiting for me.

"Shaving stuff again?" is the usual question. The answers vary (but are always truthful):
- Yup... cheaper than a night out with the boys, and it lasts longer
- Nope, chess books
- Nope, <insert other purchase description>

Nothing to hide here. Plus our accounts are joint, as are the credit cards. So sometimes (like yesterday) I get quizzed on the Amex stmt' "chess tnmt" (I play online ICCF) was yesterday's answer.

She might not always agree with what I spend $ on, but we have yet to argue about $ in the 17 years we have been together. We respect each other's choices and the fact that we both are generally savers by nature helps a lot.

yeah... I just don't get the "need" to hide things from a wife. either she accepts what I do, we discuss it and agree to a joint spending plan alloting each X discressionary income or whatever works, but openly and honestly. worked fine with #1.

if a potential #2 thinks she gets to dictate "our" income, she won't make the cut, or she can have her own accounts and pay in 50% of shared obligations.

and there's always the shoes/handbag/hobbie counterargument.

Unfortunately we decided on our budget before I discovered forums ... Doh! After the student loans are paid off in pushing for an increase in discretionary spending :)

Unfortunately we decided on our budget before I discovered forums ... Doh! After the student loans are paid off in pushing for an increase in discretionary spending :)

Ooo fellow pharmacist ... PM me if you need help with anything straight razor related!

You're not alone there brother, I too get most things delivered to the office ... After all we never get to find out about their handbag and shoe collections unless they point it out to us and like we're interested anyway lol ... However when we purchase things its a different story ... I rest my case your honour lol

Last edited:
I've got a Parcel Locker which is similar to a PO Box but will only accept parcels and not letters...........not that that is a problem.

After all we never get to find out about their handbag and shoe collections unless they point it out to us and like we're interested anyway lol ... However when we purchase things its a different story

As young'uns would say - "word"

Not that I'd make that comparison where wifey could see/hear, of course... I prefer my gentlemans' vegetables where they are

Top Bottom