What's new

Floid blue

After Taking up wet shaving for a while I rely on the reviews people post here and other sites. What's wet shaving without collecting aftershaves? Reading much about Floid Blue I signed up on a waiting list at West Coast Shaving . After nearly two months I received notification they had it in stock. Made the purchase and received a few days ago. I post this because it lives up to all the reviews. This is a great aftershave that I recommend without any reservations. Hope this helps those considering buying some. 400 ml of the stuff so don't let the price fool you. You get plenty of it to enjoy. What a way to start the Day!

I have Floid Suave (Spanish Floid). I'm really wanting to add the Italian Floid Blue to my AS stash but the cots seems high. Most of the comparisons say that Floid Blue and Aqua Velva Ice Blue are very close. I love AV Blue so I'm wondering if there is a appreciable difference to warrant the Floid investment. Thoughts?

I'd rather be gifted a bottle of Floid Blue than Johnnie Walker Blue, any day!!

$tabula rasa merkur floid sep 4 2013-bw blue.jpg

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Most of the comparisons say that Floid Blue and Aqua Velva Ice Blue are very close.

What does it smell like?

Floid Blue and Aqua Velva are both blue and are menthol, from my perspective that's about the end of the similarities.
Floid Blue is more of a soapy, clean scent. In a nutshell, that's my best description right there, clean and crisp.

It's not similar to Vigoroso, and it really doesn't smell like Aqua Velva to me.

The descriptions I found so far are: A mild clean scent, its very subdued and really fits the old stereotype of 'Barbershop'. Nice light fougere that fades quickly. Brisk and refreshing. "A wonderful, light mentholated formula and, therefore, is very cooling and refreshing." (Marco knows!) A good clean, fresh scent.

And I will correct my earlier Aqua Velva comparison. Someone said it is close to AV Sport rather than AV Ice Blue.

Well I just ordered a bottle, that stuff is expensive but if everyone likes it then it can't be that bad. I like stuff that has a clean crisp scent.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Well I just ordered a bottle, that stuff is expensive but if everyone likes it then it can't be that bad. I like stuff that has a clean crisp scent.

The price is misleading. It's a BIG bottle.

For comparison, various aftershaves and their cost per ML (naturally larger bottles are cheaper per ml than smaller bottles);

floid blue $0.13
4711 $0.13
proraso $0.14
Myrsol $0.18
tabac $0.18
speick $0.21
irish moos $0.24
dr harris $0.33
musgo real $0.40

Last edited:
The price is misleading. It's a BIG bottle.

For comparison, various aftershaves and their cost per ML (naturally larger bottles are cheaper per ml than smaller bottles);

floid blue $0.13
4711 $0.13
proraso $0.14
Myrsol $0.18
tabac $0.18
speick $0.21
irish moos $0.24
dr harris $0.33
musgo real $0.40

I love 4711 and ordered a bottle of Speick yesterday. Looking forward getting it and trying it for myself. Seems to be one of the top favorites among many shavers!

Really can't add much to the scent descriptions already mentioned, but what I will add, is that the face feel once applied, is just crazy good. It will turn a good shave into a great shave. It will magnify that BBS feel.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Floid Blue and Aqua Velva are both blue and are menthol, from my perspective that's about the end of the similarities.
Floid Blue is more of a soapy, clean scent. In a nutshell, that's my best description right there, clean and crisp.

It's not similar to Vigoroso, and it really doesn't smell like Aqua Velva to me.

Funny that you write this Phil. As a side note, I found that the Floid Suave had similarities with the Aqua Velva Musk.

The scent reminds me of drunken irish spring with menthol (clean, sharp, alcohol) and the feel is similar to prorasso green AS, and as mentioned the bottle is HUGE so the price is pretty good. I really like it. Contrary to others I think the scent dissipates rather quickly.

I hope they still make it in a few years when I begin to run low on my other after shaves...don't....make....me.... buy...

Top Bottom