What's new

Injinji....just bought some...any users?

IMO they get easier to put in as time goes on. Make sure your feet are dry which makes it a bit easier. I wear these for running exclusively. No more hot spots, blisters or athletes foot.

I'm skeptical about the "no toe blisters" part of the ads tho...will take a few more long runs to make that assessment.

When I first got my pairs of Injinji's (back in 2010) I think. I did a brisk 10 mile run in them and got a blister. Now I've never had that problem since, but also to me recollection I've never more than 8 miles in them since either. I do have to say that run I got a blister I had done very little running in them at that time. I don't know that many people that run in them but I don't know anyone else who's gotten a blister in Injinji's other than myself.

That's good to hear. I'm planning on continuing my marathon training in them and will report my findings as I go...11 miler this week

I bought a pair of socks like this, not sure the brand, but couldn't use them. I have Morton's Toe so I have enought problems with my shoes and the socks just made it worse. :sad:

I have now run in mine a few times, including a 7 mile training run & 10k last Saturday, and I have to say that I like them. They still feel a little odd when I first put them on, but after a few minutes I don't really give them another thought. I haven't had any problems with hot spots or blisters and I like that they keep my toes from rubbing against each other when I run. I feel like they give the toes more independent movement, if that makes sense.

I'll continue to try them on progressively longer runs and see if any issues present themselves as mileage increases.

I have now run in mine a few times, including a 7 mile training run & 10k last Saturday, and I have to say that I like them. They still feel a little odd when I first put them on, but after a few minutes I don't really give them another thought. I haven't had any problems with hot spots or blisters and I like that they keep my toes from rubbing against each other when I run. I feel like they give the toes more independent movement, if that makes sense.

I'll continue to try them on progressively longer runs and see if any issues present themselves as mileage increases.

Glad to hear you're enjoying yours. The jury is still out but I've got five pairs now (enough for one run per week). My 12 miler last weekend was ok in them. The blisters are less than w/my double layer thin running socks (brand escapes me at the moment). I was hoping they would reduce the "shark fin" effect distance running has on my pinky toe, but I think that has more to do with pronation and footfall.

I bought a pair when I first got my Five Fingers many moons ago. Just didn't enjoy the feel and now I don't wear anything when I use my Vibrams.

I bought a pair when I first got my Five Fingers many moons ago. Just didn't enjoy the feel and now I don't wear anything when I use my Vibrams.

In decent weather I agree with you. I did a couple of runs in my Bikila's last winter and I needed the socks. I actually bought a pair of Bikila LS's one size up from my other two pairs so I could wear socks with them in the winter.

So...I'm running exclusively in these things now. They're nice, but I'm not certain the "no toe blisters" hype is legit. To some extent, some foot trauma is going to happen after 14 or more miles...I'll keep plugging along in them to determine whether the experiment is worth the cost...

I did a 13 miler over the weekend in Injinji's and I didn't get a blister. I've previously posted that the longest run I had in them was 10 miles (this was back in 2010) and I did get a blister. But none this time around.

I agree with Chris, I don't believe the no toe blisters hype. I don't think anything is blister proof, but I do like the socks are good.

Tacked another 8 mile run onto my total with these this Sunday. Still no issues and still like the separation between my toes. It was a super hot, humid run also so the 'ol dogs were panting by the time we finished.

Tacked another 8 mile run onto my total with these this Sunday. Still no issues and still like the separation between my toes. It was a super hot, humid run also so the 'ol dogs were panting by the time we finished.

Do your sauconys give your pinky toe enough room even with these socks? I've been in Sauconys for years and have loved them forever...but now I'm wondering if a combination of over pronating insoles and Sauconys is causing the little toe to get squished in a bit of supination due to over compensation.

It seems I have little toe problems regardless of shoe type...or sock type

Top Bottom