What's new

Injinji....just bought some...any users?

I would look at the Newton Sir Isaacs. I think they've discontinued them, but you can still find them at a hefty discount. Really good transition shoes.

Where do you try all these brands? Newton, Altra etc?

Going to be tough to find them in the Land of the Morning Calm...

Where do you try all these brands? Newton, Altra etc?

Going to be tough to find them in the Land of the Morning Calm...

I buy almost all my shoes online. www.roadrunnersports.com or discounted older models at www.6pm.com

I have no affiliation with either of these sites, I just have found them in my experience to be the least expensive. In the states both of these brands are available at most running shops, but I haven't found them at sporting goods stores.

I bought a few pairs of Injinji Lightweight Run socks fairly recently and have been running in them exclusively since. So much I like about them, in terms of the way my toes can freely move, very comfortable (once you get past the weird feeling takes about an hour after you put them on for the very first time, but only the first time or two). But I do have to say I did get a blister from them. Left big toe, one about the size of a dime, totally painless, I think I did it Wednesday during a 12 miler, but only noticed it today. I don't normally ever get blisters, but I did get one. This isn't enough to make me give up the socks, but it my experience, if the blister hurt or more popped up though, I may go back to Feetures.

I bought a few pairs of Injinji Lightweight Run socks fairly recently and have been running in them exclusively since. So much I like about them, in terms of the way my toes can freely move, very comfortable (once you get past the weird feeling takes about an hour after you put them on for the very first time, but only the first time or two). But I do have to say I did get a blister from them. Left big toe, one about the size of a dime, totally painless, I think I did it Wednesday during a 12 miler, but only noticed it today. I don't normally ever get blisters, but I did get one. This isn't enough to make me give up the socks, but it my experience, if the blister hurt or more popped up though, I may go back to Feetures.

Yeah...not blister killers as packaging suggests, but not bad either. Finished my last marathon (full training cycle and race) in them and I'll use them again. But I remain unconvinced they are better/worse than various "normal" running socks on the market.

I like the Injinji socks, but I tend to use them only for long runs because of the extra effort to get them on. I think they do a great job on the long runs of protecting the toes. I have purchased a bunch of shoes/socks from Holabird Sports in Baltimore. They have very competitive prices and outstanding customer service. If I order on Monday and I have them on Wednesday. (I have no association with Holabird other than being a long time customer)

Top Bottom