What's new

Vietnamese Coffee Filter

A collegue found this 'stainless steel' coffee filter in a shop and got me one (SGD3).

The box:
$coffeefilterbox.jpg

From the top (covered):
$filtertopwithcover.jpg

The parts:
$filterinside.jpg

For scale:
$filtercuppenforscale.jpg

The good:
a. Taste slightly better than paper filtered (oil can seep through with this can)
b. It filtered pretty well, despite the fine grind.

The not-so-good:
a. takes a bit longer to filter coffee - by the time it was done, coffee was lukewarm (remedy - microwave immediately)
b. I usually take a cup - this can only serves half a cup...

the ugly?:
a. not sure if it is stainless - we'll see if it corrodes...:blush: but for SGD3...:thumbup1:

Thanks for the pictures. Looks like a nice filter made from common 18/8 stainless steel according to the stamp. Do you know what LC stands for? I suppose LC is the Vietnamese manufacturer which would be meaningless to me.

Maybe you can experiment with grind size to change the drip time and/or add more hot water after brewing. As I think these are intended to brew strong and then add lots of cream/milk.

LOL

From the side of the packaging (first photo), "LC" appears to be the name of the manufacturer (A cafe?)
However a search shows "LC" to be "Long Cam"- a distinct brand in Vietnam(??)
Mine is probably an imitation of this brand as it has no "LC" paper sticker on the cup.

To "re-heat", I will pop it into the micro-oven for a few secs.

edit: google translate says "long cam" = "orange dragon".

Nice pic!
That's what I gathered recently on how to brew coffee the vietnamese way - with a load of sweeten condensed milk.
And here I am - having acquired the taste of coffee without milk, with a vietnamese coffee filter...:D

I love Vietnamese coffee. There's a local company here in Houston called Caphin that has started bottling it. It's addicting to say the least.

Top Bottom