What's new

2013 LE Confession

That was Jason's own signature touch, I don't blame you! The first Tinsky tamper ever, as far as anyone knows, and the coolest, to be sure!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406170323.369600.jpg

My current tamper is a screw with duct tape,: I keep losing or breaking my cheap ones. I need to find one that's nice enough that I won't loose it, but not so nice that I don't want to dirty it.

View attachment 475882

My current tamper is a screw with duct tape,: I keep losing or breaking my cheap ones. I need to find one that's nice enough that I won't loose it, but not so nice that I don't want to dirty it.

Two words: pipe nail. Cheap and effective. I also use a spent .270 casing frequently. Somewhere around here I am sure that I have at least 2-3 Czech tools, but I can never find one.

I've never used my tamper either. It's really the only nice tamper I have. Lots of Czech tools and pipe nails strategically placed around for use. The tinsky tamper sits safely in the pipe stacker boxes in the same divider as the LE.

Two words: pipe nail. Cheap and effective. I also use a spent .270 casing frequently. Somewhere around here I am sure that I have at least 2-3 Czech tools, but I can never find one.

Ha, the pipe nail was my most recent casualty. This screw actually works better as well, it is about the size of a dime and nice and flat. :)

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I also used the tamper only once. I found it wasn't the most effective tamper for me because it is domed and also a bit large. Still a beautiful piece and I'm happy to have it in my collection.

I don't have the 2013 LE, but I do have two nicer tampers than the cheap eBay Czech tool. I lost both of them. I haven't seen them for at least a month, one for longer. This morning I accidentally found one of them in the couch cushion. Yay!

Most of the time, I just use the Czech tool. I have three of them kicking around. I never quite got into the tamper thing.

I only have one nice tamper, made by BladeBoy, which I do use on occasion.

Top Bottom