What's new

My thoughts on the D01 three-band knot

Hi -

A few weeks ago, I got this little beauty right here: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/410200-New-Shavemac-Americana-D01-Three-band - A shavemac Americana with a d01 three band 24/48, for face lathering.

This is easily the densest brush I have. For caparison, my other brushes are a 24mm TGN two band, a SOC boar, a Colonel x2l best, a Vintage blades 24mm two-band, the M&F Chief group buy, and a Semogue Mistura.

This brush fits really well into my rotation. It's different from all my other knots and brushes. Glad I got it - but if I had to get it again I would probably get the fan, rather than the bulb- it's so dense that the tip of the bulb knot is still rather stiff. Maybe it will soften up as it breaks in some more.

The D01 makes a great lather - i think it's the denseness of the knot. I also have found that it takes more product that i use with my other brushes, and again, I think it is because of the denseness of the knot.

The D01 with the dimensions I have is great for face lathering - but there isn't much bloom (yet). Still feels a little stiff. I think that as I break it in some more it may soften up and open up.

All in all, happy with the purchase. I think so much of how much of you like a new brush depends on what you already have in your rotation, and this is really different for me and I enjoy variety.

Agree about the stiffness. I have D01 2 band in bulb and that thing doesn't flinch! Hopefully it will loosen up.

Well, that's one of the reasons I got the 3 band, because I heard the 2 band was so stiff. I can't imagine how stiff the 2 band is.

I have a D01 in three band bulb and two band fan, each has great backbone.
I PIFed most of my boars after getting the D01s.
I did keep my first boar, a Semogue 610, and my smoke B&B boar (Omega), for sentimental reasons.

Top Bottom