What's new

Crystal Body Deodorant

Gave this a test run for a week. Extremely effective. I was skeptical.

$crystal.jpg

I use the same alum that I put on my face for my underarm deodorant. I'd imagine you could use that stick on your face after shaving the same way. It really is surprisingly effective! And to think I used to deal with all that speedstick crap that literally gummed up my pit hairs every week.

I always have to laugh at the "NO Aluminum" bit though. Can't have any aluminum in my potassium/ammonium aluminum sulfate. :lol:

I've tried it before, but had no luck. It did not last very long. I guess I'm just a stinky bastard.

I use the same alum that I put on my face for my underarm deodorant. I'd imagine you could use that stick on your face after shaving the same way. It really is surprisingly effective! And to think I used to deal with all that speedstick crap that literally gummed up my pit hairs every week.

I always have to laugh at the "NO Aluminum" bit though. Can't have any aluminum in my potassium/ammonium aluminum sulfate. :lol:

I truly thought this stuff would fail, but after a long walk in high humidity it passed the sniff test.

$7a1cc9b0-a2fc-0131-ad5b-0aac33128b05.gif

Works great in FL heat/humidity and crystal lasts forever.

Best when applied to wet pits with wet crystal, finish with nice splash of The Veg.

I've been using it for about the past 6 months. Works really well for me and I've barely used a noticeable amount of the stick in that time. Looks like it'll last forever.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I use a stick of Lafe's
Just an alum block
works great and lasts forever

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I used this with great success for several months. No stench at all from sweating. Loved it. Then I started to catch whiffs of a faint sour smell when I would sweat.
This went on for several weeks. I finally changed to Mitchums.
Not sure what happened but obviously some body chemical changed and it wasn't effective anymore for me.

It really was the best I've used at the time.

I use it daily. Best deodorant I've ever used. No bad odor even after an hour of intense workout.

BTW this is not an antiperspirant.

Works great in FL heat/humidity and crystal lasts forever.

Best when applied to wet pits with wet crystal, finish with nice splash of The Veg.

I read somewhere to use cold water on pits and crystal then rub each armpit for a count of 60 and thats what I do. I had a situation where I couldn't bath for several days and Thai Crystal applied after the last shower kept the pit odor down the whole time. I was impressed. I also like not having any residue under my arms like with other products.

Last forever and works here in the valley where we have been at 100+ temps for way too long, not to mention no rainfall this year...

I started using my alum as deodorant about 3 months ago. It does a decent job but I usually have to either reapply later in the day/evening. I wet the stone, apply for ~20 seconds under each arm, then swipe with Toms of Maine for a little scent. I sweat a lot and notice it does an alright job of keeping odor down. Definitely need to wash very well under the arms for each shower as there will be a lot of smell after 2 or 3 days.

Top Bottom