What's new

DE at Wal-Mart

While at the Wal-Mart in Chandler AZ I spotted the following.

$van.jpg

Perhaps DEs are making a comeback in mid-America.

And no, I did not buy the razor or blades.

"Ice Tempered Stainless Steel Blades"
Really? This is exactly the type of tempering I've been looking for all my life. NOT.

My local Wal Mart sells the DE razor....but not the BLADES!!! I got to talking with a manager there and he said he would see what he could do! I had to explain to him like this......you are basically selling toothpaste, but not the tooth brush....he got it then!

Good to see DE making a bit of a comeback in the mainstream..but $20 will probably get you a better razor on ebay etc:thumbup:

Good to see DE making a bit of a comeback in the mainstream..but $20 will probably get you a better razor on ebay etc[emoji106]
Totally true, but when the only other retail game in town is a $50-$90 razor, and a $100 brush from Art of Shaving, it's a step in the right direction. I'm not really bashing AoS because I got my start with a kit from them; but after finding WCS, Maggard, and even Connaught, I know I could have saved money. But I do love my rosegold kit.

My local Wal Mart sells the DE razor....but not the BLADES!!! I got to talking with a manager there and he said he would see what he could do! I had to explain to him like this......you are basically selling toothpaste, but not the tooth brush....he got it then!

Really it's like selling a toothbrush without bristles! The soap is analogous to the toothpaste.

And no, I did not buy the razor or blades.

Good for you, Jim! Didn't think you would............

I still don't understand buying blades at Wal-Mart, Target, or at the Grocery or Drug store. Today, you will just pay way too much for poor quality blades. There are too many very good blades readily available very inexpensively.

I still don't understand buying blades at Wal-Mart, Target, or at the Grocery or Drug store. Today, you will just pay way too much for poor quality blades. There are too many very good blades readily available very inexpensively.

Do you mean buying them online? I get that you can get 100 blades for $10, but for me I'm trying to figure out which blades work for me. No need to have 99 blades I don't like in the bathroom cabinet!

Top Bottom