What's new

Finally bought an Ark

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
After the initial drop, not much really. It's still going strong and I'm telling you, I've been mean to it. For regular maintenance lapping it's overkill...I usually use an Atoma for that, but if you're like me and have a lot of stones coming through that are dished or chipped and need work it's a very handy tool to have around. SIC works great and it's cheap but it's also messy and I can never get the stones perfectly flat using it. The only sign of wear is along one edge, just above where it says lapping plate. If you look close you can see where the diamonds have completely let go.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 139

David

The black took a hell of a good polish. I think it's ready to try out on a razor.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 139

David

Thanks man. I'm really happy to have it. There's one on the bay now for a BIN of 150 but that's way too much IMO. It's a fine India/trans. Looks really nice.

David

My latest ark, a NOS Lily White.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 107
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 111

David

Thanks Brian and Nate.
I don't think I have the heart to use this one. I have several user grade lily whites so this one will likely just be for the collection.

Thanks Brian and Nate.
I don't think I have the heart to use this one. I have several user grade lily whites so this one will likely just be for the collection.

As much as I am an advocate of using pretty much everything I buy, I have to agree with you on this one. It is like finding a New In Box Sealed Wade & Butcher Chopper or Any Other Chopper Style razor, I would be hard pressed to break that seal. This is definitely a Show Piece Quality Stone:thumbup:

David

I got this beautiful and rather large piece of washita yesterday. Its a very hard and fine (for a washita) stone. I've honed a chisel, two plane irons and a knife on It so far and they have all came out exceptional. I freakin love this stone.
First pic is the top, second is bottom. Check out the origional chamfers on the second pic. Good stuff.
8-1/8x 2-1/8 x 1-1/8 thick.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 72
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 71

David

I haven't done a simple green soak with it yet. It definitely has oil in it but it's not gone rancid so I'm kinda thinking about leaving it. Thoughts?

I haven't done a simple green soak with it yet. It definitely has oil in it but it's not gone rancid so I'm kinda thinking about leaving it. Thoughts?
1. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
2. It could be some of that oil that is leading to the exceptional edges.

Top Bottom