What's new

Finally bought an Ark

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
I do have a belt sander but I don't think that's necessary here. I've got it really close now. At some point I'm going to check the SG of this stone. I'll be surprised if it's any less than 2.50. It feels like a really dense stone and has nice high pitched ring to it

David

I've been working on the pink. I took it to the DiaFlat to get those two deep scratches out. Took about 10 minutes. First pic is after the DiaFlat. Second pic is after a worn atoma 1200. Last pic is after a chosera 1k. All the scratches are gone now...it just needs burnishing for a while and it will be razor ready.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 160
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 159
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 160
I guess Ruark was right, "use enough gun":w00t:
I may have to take my HF diamond plates to these others, I had been scared it would ruin them

David

Got a couple new stones. A 6x2 Norton Washita and a 6x2 Norton Queer Creek, both NOS...never been touched with oil. Does anyone know much about dates of manufacture for the Norton Behr-Manning stones? Jusy curious about approximate age on the Washita

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 113
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 112
I see its $1.28 I will double it to $2.56 and let you walk away from the deal, lesson learned. I am that kind of guy.:lol:

David

I picked this up today. Looks to be NOS with a nice piece of hard black on one side and an India on the other.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 77
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 79
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 79
I picked this up today. Looks to be NOS with a nice piece of hard black on one side and an India on the other.
Those are a nice size, too. 7"x2". I passed on one a couple years ago for what was a very good price. India and non-translucent Black like yours appears to be. Now every time I see one, I kick myself. Let us know how it performs.

David

Those are a nice size, too. 7"x2". I passed on one a couple years ago for what was a very good price. India and non-translucent Black like yours appears to be. Now every time I see one, I kick myself. Let us know how it performs.
Haven't heard from you in a while.
Yes the size is really nice for the bench or in the hand. The black is flat now and I've started conditioning it. I'll post back after I've used it a couple of times.

Top Bottom