What's new

J Herbin Update

I'm a fan of J Herbin inks, but not a huge fan of their bottles. The bottles are difficult to fill lever fillers. In this weeks Jetpens, newsletter, they announced J Herbin ink in new coventail ink bottles priced at $4.75 for 10ml.

I was a winner in the recent Bastille Day giveaway from the Quovadis blog. I won a bottle of J Herbin ink, a pocket notebook.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Not sure what coventail bottles are but a 10ml bottle isn't holding much ink. Good sample I suppose.

Now you've got me wondering ... why does the bottle not work with your lever fillers?

Now you've got me wondering ... why does the bottle not work with your lever fillers?

Herbin bottles are flat and wide, so there isn't enough room to submerge many nibs. It's a terrible design that almost has to be decanted into another bottle.

my 1670 bottle won't let to many of my pens fill from its tiny openning... but i dont think their regular bottles have that same opening

my two j.herbrin bottles are slightly deeper in the back corners. i havent had any problems but then again mine are pretty full still.

Herbin bottles are flat and wide, so there isn't enough room to submerge many nibs. It's a terrible design that almost has to be decanted into another bottle.

Agreed, they look cute but they're pretty useless. My bottle of Perle Noire is virtually full but it's still tricky to fill my M805 from.

I'm a fan of J Herbin inks, but not a huge fan of their bottles. The bottles are difficult to fill lever fillers. In this weeks Jetpens, newsletter, they announced J Herbin ink in new coventail ink bottles priced at $4.75 for 10ml.

I was a winner in the recent Bastille Day giveaway from the Quovadis blog. I won a bottle of J Herbin ink, a pocket notebook.

OOPS, my spelling is not always the greatest, I meant conventional. Sorry for the confusion.

Not sure what coventail bottles are but a 10ml bottle isn't holding much ink. Good sample I suppose.

The bottle shallowness prevents lever pens to work effectively.

FWIW, the conventional J Herbin bottle is 30 ml.

I pretty much load every fountain pen I have with a syringe and needle these days. Just seems easier, less messy, and more effective.

Top Bottom