What's new

Identify this Kamisori

Evening all, I picked up this small Kamisori, can anyone tell me about the maker ?
$IMG_2213.jpg

Mark

MarkO... Cool blade... Your picture is actually upside down, if you want to read the blade... Looking at the kanji, hold the razor up with the blade facing to the left. The kanji reads from top to bottom and right to left... It was made by a man named Tera Masa (but google Teramasa, as one word) and you may find some other information.

$Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 10.46.37 PM.png

The companies name that makes this razor is called Tamahagane... Once you go to the linked webpage scroll down and you will see a similar image of the razors. At the top of the webpage you can see Tera Masa's name... He is one of four craftsman that make kamisori's for the company. Tera Masa is the name of one of their craftsman that made your razor... The link should help shed light on your kamasori...

This is the best translation that my wife (who has been Japanese her entire life) can come up with. But remember we eat crams (not clams), robster (not lobster), I am a Spices (not Pisces)... LOL... Hope this helps.

MarkO... Cool blade... Your picture is actually upside down, if you want to read the blade... Looking at the kanji, hold the razor up with the blade facing to the left. The kanji reads from top to bottom and right to left... It was made by a man named Tera Masa (but google Teramasa, as one word) and you may find some other information.

View attachment 476244

The companies name that makes this razor is called Tamahagane... Once you go to the linked webpage scroll down and you will see a similar image of the razors. At the top of the webpage you can see Tera Masa's name... He is one of four craftsman that make kamisori's for the company. Tera Masa is the name of one of their craftsman that made your razor... The link should help shed light on your kamasori...

This is the best translation that my wife (who has been Japanese her entire life) can come up with. But remember we eat crams (not clams), robster (not lobster), I am a Spices (not Pisces)... LOL... Hope this helps.
Wow thanks so much for the in depth respond mate, will read that link now, fantastic and say thanks to the wife :)

Top Bottom