What's new

Alum + T&H Ultimate Comfort

So,

This morning I applied some T&H Ultimate Comfort balm after I applied my alum block - but unlike most days, today I didn't use a WH between these products. To my surprise it appeared that the T&H balm went "sour" (really, it looked like sour milk - all clotted and nasty). Has anybody else noticed this before?

I'm on the road now, so I'll check back tomorrow and see if anybody has anything to say on the topic.

So,

Nobody has experienced the curdling that I described when applying T&H ultimate comfort balm after their Alum block? I guess that the cheese stands alone here or something. :001_smile

Sunds revolting! I haven't tried any T&H creams, not sure why to be honest. I have a long shopping list building up!

I noticed the exact same thing about 2 days ago. I was going to post about it here as well.

Seems like the two are completely incompatiable.

nshirk said:
I noticed the exact same thing about 2 days ago. I was going to post about it here as well.

Seems like the two are completely incompatiable.

OK... so at least I know that I'm not insane.

I have used them before, but always with a soaking of WH between the alum and the balm... I guess this tells me (all of us, pehraps) that if we want to use an alum block and T&H Ultimate comfort balm, then we need to use WH (or similar product) betweeen these apparently incompatible, but wonderful, AS products.

Still reading up on all this wet shaving but I haven't come accross the use of "WH". Can anyone quickly tell me what that is? :001_smile

Just trying to understand it all, that's all!

Ashe said:
Still reading up on all this wet shaving but I haven't come accross the use of "WH". Can anyone quickly tell me what that is? :001_smile

Just trying to understand it all, that's all!

WH is Witch Hazel. An astringent put on after shaving but before aftershave. It is very popular with the membership here but most would consider it to be optional.

Top Bottom