What's new

Accessories

Legion

Staff member
Sometimes it can be hard to find that perfect accessory.

I wanted a new strap for one of my cameras. The strap it came with is rubbish, and like most kit straps, too short to wear across the body. I could have used a black rapid, but they are too bulky. The Joby strap does not match the look of the camera.... Gah!

So I decided to make my own, and I'm pretty happy with the way it looks. Suits the camera, nice and long, should work.

Does anyone else have an accessory they like, custom or otherwise? Any tips for little tricky items we might need but haven't thought to buy yet?

proxy.php

proxy.php

Funny, I had the same issue and solution...

proxy.php

proxy.php

I've been considering those little rubber pads to go on the shutter release.

-X

David,

:thumbup:

That is beautiful strap and a marked improvement over the strap that Fuji ships with the camera. I'd love to have something like that for my X-E2.

I came across this grip recently and though it had an interesting look to it. It looks a bit more comfortable than the Fuji grip.

$71V2XFm9FcL._SL1500_.jpg

$71AVSGsFfGL._SL1500_.jpg

Reminds me a bit of the wooden Pentax 6X7 grip.

$Pentax_6×7_MU.JPG

Legion

Staff member
Great job sir. Leather and a binding of some sort?

Yeah, round leather belting (the type that drives old treadle sewing machines and lathes), and whipping twine.

Chris, that wooden grip is interesting. Never seen one like that.

Legion

Staff member
So I've been living with the leather strap for a little while, and while I like it, it is not ideal for a little camera I want to stuff in my pocket. The leather is a bit stiff, so it does not scrunch up small. Also, it can not be tied in a knot to make a wrist strap, which I do sometimes.

So the leather one will go to a bigger camera, and this one will get Mk2. Silk woven cord, with faux stingray end caps. The testing continues...

proxy.php

Funny, when I picked up another op/tech strap this week they had that very same wine red in stock and I paused for quite some time. I eventually got the black, don't like to be too flashy with the primary gear, but I may still go get one or more for the fun cameras! I do like that color quite a bit!

Legion

Staff member
I just added a little red soft release shutter button to match. Ah, why not, the camera is silver anyway. Most of my camera gear is black on black. I even black out all the logos and lettering. This one can be the flashy one.

Top Bottom