What's new

What is your Grail purchase or aquisition?

Most (shaving) soaps will cause pimples for me. My grail would be a super good vegan shaving soap not causing pimples. A good shaving soap usually have a high content of saponified coconut (or palm kernel oil) for a good lather. This requires the soap maker to "superfat" the soap extra, so it would not be harsh and drying.

I do not get my face full of pimples, just a couple, but it is annoying enough to driver over them with R41.

Because of this my shaving gear consist of nothing more than razor and blades and sometimes a bit of jojoba oil, which is actually not causing pimples for me.

Last edited:
Most (shaving) soaps will cause pimples for me. My grail would be a super good vegan shaving soap not causing pimples. A good shaving soap usually have a high content of saponified coconut (or palm kernel oil) for a good lather. This requires the soap maker to "superfat" the soap extra, so it would not be harsh and drying.

I do not get my face full of pimples, just a couple, but it is annoying enough to driver over them with R41.

Because of this my shaving gear consist of nothing more than razor and blades and sometimes a bit of jojoba oil, which is actually not causing pimples for me.

I sometimes struggle with breakouts, now centered on the flush sides of my neck. I suspected everything, but, ironically, found two very good, full proof solutions--

Alcohol Based Aftershaves

Good Sleep.

Can't take too much space here for something not related to the topic, but there's a lot of literature against aftershaves alcohol based, and I agreed until I tried them. The biggest tool in a wet shavers arsenal is open mindedness. I have learned to let my skin do it's own thing instead of diagnosing it every 15 minutes. My experience was less is so much more. Hope it helps, keep us posted!

mswofford

Rest in Peace
A minty cased Ever Ready Streamline which I haven't used....yet. I have other Streamlines and shaved with one exclusively for 2 months.
A Simpson Harvard H4. I wanted a bigger Simpson brush and got this from BST in very slightly used condition with the box.

Merkur Futur. I just can't seem to pull the trigger on it though. Ask me again after a year and I've tried more vintage razors and it may change. :tongue_sm

Still looking for a pristine Gillette New type LC and SC. Checking BST every day. Someday I'll get them!

Pull the trigger and buy them in decent shape and plate them. I know it's a lot of money that way so I understand not going that route however. It's not for everyone.

I sometimes struggle with breakouts, now centered on the flush sides of my neck. I suspected everything, but, ironically, found two very good, full proof solutions--

Alcohol Based Aftershaves

Good Sleep.

Can't take too much space here for something not related to the topic, but there's a lot of literature against aftershaves alcohol based, and I agreed until I tried them. The biggest tool in a wet shavers arsenal is open mindedness. I have learned to let my skin do it's own thing instead of diagnosing it every 15 minutes. My experience was less is so much more. Hope it helps, keep us posted!
+1 I only use alcohol based aftershaves for this reason. Balms simply cause breakouts, for me anyways. Witch hazels splashes are good too.

Top Bottom