What's new

TOBS Sensitive Skin Cream Review:

Well as you guys know, last week I purchased this cream along with the Arko shave stick:

^ The first thing that I noticed was that there was No Scent at all. This stuff doesn't even have that fresh made cream scent either. Another thing that I noticed was that this cream is more of a croap (cross between a soap and cream) than it was a shaving cream. I can't do this with my TOBS All Natural cream because it's extremely soft compared to this formula:

Here's a photo of the ingredient list on the back of the container:

^ The slickness was pretty good but not quite as slick as my TOBS All Natural cream is. The cushion was also pretty good. I had a good amount of protection through out the shave. Here's what I shaved with today:

And I also had to soak my brushes a little bit longer than I normally do with this cream as well:

^ I let them soak for 15 minutes instead of the usual 10 minutes in hot water (coffee pot strength/100 degrees F.) This cream is not a lather monster either. In fact, it took alot more cream than my TOBS all natural does:

^ I also had to add alot more water to it and work it for alot longer than my TOBS All natural cream as well:

After I worked it a little bit longer is started performing like it should. This is what I managed to get out of it lather wise:

Here's a closer look:

And here's the TOBS All natural's lather:

One of the main ingredient changes was the Benzyl Alcohol. During the shave, I noticed that the bowl's lather seemed to slowly disapate. This can be fixed by adding an extremely small amount of water to the cream and working it between passes. In fact the more you work this cream the better it gets. The post shave felt really good and had some slickness to it but not alot. I also had no burning or stinging reaction while using this cream which is not normal for something that contains alcohol and surprisingly, it didn't dry out my skin either. This croap is worth 3 out of 5 stars in the performance dept. The price point isn't too bad either. I paid $16.00 bucks for a 5.3 ounce tub which brings the total to $3.02 per ounce at shavenation.com. They're pretty good and fast. I won't be buying this formula anymore because the performance wasn't anywhere near as good as my TOBS all natural cream. It's not even close. I did call shavenation.com and yes I did manage to speak to Geofatboy himself about the Merkur 37C slant. He was extremely nice and he seems to think that the 37C slant is more aggressive than an open comb razor is. His accent gave him away and he was pretty cool about it. I'll be ordering some more stuff off him later on. He's got quite a few creams I want to try and I'm really looking forward to trying HTGAM/Syngery Soaps. The next on the review list is: Arko (creams and soap pucks), TOBS Jermyn Street For Sensitive Skin​. I'm also in the process of putting together my sensitive skin tutorial.

Top Bottom