What's new

Shaving Buddy App

I just downloaded this app and it seems to be very cool. It keeps count of how many times you use a blade and offers statistics on your shaves. You can input all your products, however I had to pay to add more than five in a specific category. I apologize if this app has been brought to the attention of this great forum. By the way I did not make this app I just found it in the google play store.

I just downloaded it, pretty cool. My hardware and software is still manageable without an app. But pretty cool to have stats in terms of usage.

I have been using it for about 6 months after discovering it in a post here. I used the free version for a while (picking my top 5 of each category) and then paid for it since I acquired about 15 different soaps. It's a very nice way to keep track of everything.

A few features I discovered after a while of using it, both features are located in settings.

Connects with an Imgur account to take a SOTD pic and post it along with the details of your shave
Back's up your info entered including inventory, shave history, and stats (useful when the phone needs wiped so you don't lose all the data)

I tried the Shaving Buddy app, but deleted it after 2 days. Its a cool idea, but a little impractical for use on a smartphone. The bathroom is about the only place I never take my phone, and even if I did, it would be difficult to run this app while I'm in the midst of shaving.

I'd much rather see a program like this that would run under Windows. Its at my desk that I do most of my B&B reading and writing, and that's where I'd need access to a database recording of my hardware and software collection and personal reviews of products.

There have been numerous attempts to develop a desktop shave-base, but it always seems to peter out before it comes to fruition.

I normally don't have my phone in the bathroom either, which explains why my SOTD pic collection is lacking. I update the app later when I'm checking my phone and remember I didn't do it yet.

I've used it since May. I tried it for about a week and then upgraded. He just came out with an update and has been responsive to emails.

Maybe the developer could make the app for iOS. It really is nice to have all my shaving supplies organized and put into an app that allows me to rate my shave and keep track of my blades. It is probably an unnecessary app for some but I love it.

Hmmm not with the iphone then. I did a search which came up with this

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 281
Lol! I wish that could work! Hopefully I can find out who made the app and see if they are working on an iOS app!

I stopped working and that I paid for the Premium version, someone knows what happened.
I have taken her several months and I worked very well.

Thread resurrection here. The Shaving Buddy app has just been released for IOS. It is listed in the App Store. I haven't decided if I'll give it a try yet, but will update if I do.

I've had the app for a while but not really used it. However, in the past week I added another vintage razor to my rotation (1966 Slim). So now that I'm juggling a rotation that includes two razors, five creams, and seven aftershaves, I thought I better start using it. It's really easy to use to enter each shave. It'll make it easy for me to remember when to change blades in each razor.

Top Bottom