What's new

Searching for AS pairing with Mike"s Natural Soap

I'm looking for after shaves (balm or lotion) that would pair well with Mike's Vetiver or Hungarian Lavender. Vetiver and Lavender recommendations are fine but I'm particularly interested in suggestions that might not be obvious. For example I have a feeling that Hungarian Lavender would go well with a sandalwood AS. Thoughts?

While I've not personally tried them, the newest Fine aftershaves have glowing reviews. There is both a Vetiver & Lavender option.

As for some less obvious suggestions... Lavender goes very well with citrus like grapefruit, lemon, orange, bergamot. I could also see it with vetiver, cedar, pine scents. Ofc it goes well with floral scents too like neroli and rose. Mint is very nice with lavender.

Vetiver is a hard scent for me as I dislike it being in the foreground. However, I loved sandalwood and vetiver together. Vetiver is a very earthy smell, so it compliments well with the cleaner sandalwood. Also, orange and lime go very well with Vetiver. As stated beforehand, vetiver and lavender are actually quite nice together.

I know I wasn't too specific in my aftershave recommendations, but I hope I at least pointed you in a good direction! I tend to mix my own aftershave concoctions, so I've been out of the commercial aftershave ring for a bit. Maybe others can chime in. Good luck!

Last edited:
This morning I paired Hungarian Lavender with Myrsol Agua Balsamica and it was pretty awesome.

The Fine AS offerings sound great! I'm a lavender fan so I made my own version of a lavender witch hazel, 1-2 drops of lavender essential oil per ounce of witch hazel.

This morning it was Mike's Vetiver followed by Jabonman's Tierra Humeda AS balm (sample) and I have to say that it was quite exceptional!

Acqua di Parma aftershave balm. Expensive, but extremely well made for skin nourishment and a high quality classic men's fragrance. It has notes of italian citrus, lavender & vetiver.

If you can snag a bottle of vintage yardley English lav or black label. They are very masculine old school aftershaves. They can be hard to find and not for everyday use due to the fact that they are no longer produced, but what a face feel and scent! You'll love it with that mikes lav or vetiver.

Top Bottom