What's new

older gent back on double edges

howdy everyone. always love finding new forums. auto detailing and watches been favorites for years. just went back to double edge wet shaving. merkur, proraso, and some art of shaving still. should be a true learning experience. looking forward to learning new tips and stuff found nowhere else.

Welcome to B&B! Like you, I am one of the older folks who learned on double-edge safety razors and then kept trying the latest and greatest... Now I'm back to the original, and can't believe how many years I wasted!

Hello and welcome to B&B. This is a great forum full of friendly, helpful shavers. You'll learn a lot here.

Welcome to B&B! Like you, I am one of the older folks who learned on double-edge safety razors and then kept trying the latest and greatest... Now I'm back to the original, and can't believe how many years I wasted!

+1 Me too. I was using an electric razor just to save time.

Welcome aboard... I've been back to the DE side of the street for just about two years. Going back to what I started with worked out great for me.

thanks guys. look sharp be sharp oh my god I am ancient. loved putting my dads used blades in the wall of the vanity. people who demoed 1950 houses must have work chain link.

Welcome from another Old Fart that is just getting back to basics.

The folks here have been beyond helpful.

Due to their more than kind assistance (and not talking down to me one little bit I need to add) and patience answering question after question, I now have a good brush, soap, razor and blades on the way to me and have even made a friend or two along the way in less than a week of membership here.

You are in good hands!

Welcome! I had about a 30-year departure from when I learned to shave with a Super Speed in the 70's until my rebirth about 4 years ago.

thanks guys. look sharp be sharp oh my god I am ancient. loved putting my dads used blades in the wall of the vanity. people who demoed 1950 houses must have work chain link.

There are quite a few of us here with similar memories. Who would have ever thought I'd look forward to shaving? Enjoy!

Welcome to the forum. It should be a great journey for you going forward with the sheer amount of choice and quality of modern wet shaving products.

Top Bottom