What's new

dress shoe help needed

AfterNoon Gents,
I was hoping you guys could help me out with a decent pair of dress shoes.Do you guys have any suggestions for dress shoes that don't hurt your feet as i have really bad feet as it is I also have 180 dollar shoe inserts from the foot doc. I normally don't wear dress shoes but Ive been applying jobs that its required to wear dress shoes. Im looking for an all black dress shoe all leather 100 dollar range I looked an hush puppies gus / mall waker online but Im un sure. I just need dress shoes that wont kill my feet as ill be on my feet all day. All i normally wear is mesh running shoes if that tells you my need for a good pair of dress shoes thanks for your help.

I am a bit of a broken record on the subject of affordable quality footwear, but take a look at these

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonlin...ns:Orthotic/Comfort&sId=189&sort=3&ps=12&bi=0

If you see something you like, call the Shoe Bank to see if there are a pair in your size. They have a website that you can view inventory, but a phone call will get you the most current stock.

http://www.shoebank.com/FactorySecondInventory.php

Allen Edmonds Outlet - Factory Shoe Bank
201 East Seven Hills Road,
Port Washington, Wisconsin, 53074-2504, USA
262-284-7158
[email protected]

Unless you have some medical condition, I would hazard to guess that your foot problems might be from a poorly-fitted shoe. Have you ever gone to a quality shoe retailer and had yourself measured?

Is the issue more with proper fit or comfort when walking on hard surfaces? Besides the AE Orthotic shoes the AE Comfort Shoe line is light on the foot and more comfortable to walk in than their leather or hard rubber lugged sole versions. But these are more expensive.

You best option may be to cruise the mall and try on various pairs to find ones that feel most comfortable.

I used to do consulting work and stood on a thin piece of cheap carpet over concrete, no padding underneath, for 6 hrs a day. My feet and back would kill at the end of the day. I dropped 250 bucks on some allen edmonds and the pain stopped. 15 years later, refurbed a couple of times, and I still wear them weekly and they look great when shined up. Highly recommended.

well I was born with mild cp and my gate is bad so I normally wear mesh Ive had 7surgeries had ta learn to walk twice and surgeries on both feet as well.
strapps I have family from westfrankford

I just went through the same search for a pair of dress shoes in the $100 range. In addition to what Tim suggested about the Shoe Bank, you might also try taking a look on ebay. I bought a pair of Allen Edmonds that had only been worn a couple of times for $140. Aside from the fact that the soles have some marks on them from being worn (as opposed to smooth brand new leather), they look brand new. The same pair currently sells on Allen Edmonds' website for $245, and that's their sale price. They're much nicer than anything new off the rack that I would have been able to buy for that price.

well I was born with mild cp and my gate is bad so I normally wear mesh Ive had 7surgeries had ta learn to walk twice and surgeries on both feet as well.
strapps I have family from westfrankford

This is where visiting a good shoe salesman actually have a some utility. Getting the fit right is imperative in your case. I hazard to guess the reason you find mesh comfortable versus other shoes is that common lasts (the form the shoes are built on) might not fit you well. Mesh is forgiving, but other materials can be too if the shoe is built right. In your case it would really be worth it to research the lasts and sizes of various makers.

If your feet are really irregular, the ultimate goal would be to have a custom last made by a shoemaker, and have custom hand-built shoes made. But that's going to be really pricey. I think it usually starts close to $1000/pair for that.

Top Bottom