What's new

Just tried Castle Forbes yesterday - WOW!

Thought I had used some good shaving soaps and crèmes but this was insane. By a long long shot the absolute best I have used in every regard cushion, glide&c&c. Others I have used include Cella - an inexpensive favourite, Martine di candre, Tabula rasa, Proraso, Als, Baum.be, TOBS and others but this was incredible!

totally agree. Im a soap guy at heart but CF Lime is a staple in my rotation. The amount of amazing performing lather produced by minimal product is just crazy. I could get 6 months out of a tub using it as a daily shaving cream. I wish more people would overlook the price tag and give it a shot, the amount of shaves per dollar of cost makes it a value!

The Lavender (have not tried any of the other scents) is my top overall shaving product regardless of soap or cream. All aspects are perfect.

totally agree. Im a soap guy at heart but CF Lime is a staple in my rotation. The amount of amazing performing lather produced by minimal product is just crazy. I could get 6 months out of a tub using it as a daily shaving cream. I wish more people would overlook the price tag and give it a shot, the amount of shaves per dollar of cost makes it a value!

+1. I do a two-and-a-half-pass and just a few swirls is all I need. Fragrant and slick

I'm going to have to try CF's products and see for myself. I ruled them out because of their high price points and the fact that alot of my suppliers never have them in stock and a couple of them decided to quit carrying them because of the price points which is sad. CF over at Westcoast Shaving is about double the price of most T.O.B.S' products. I'm wanting to try the Cedar & Sandal Wood formula. I've got 2 cedar trees in my yard and it's always a joy to me to be around them due to the scent.

Yeah it's a great cream. I'm on my second tub of cedar wood . Still first bottle of balm. Pricey, but worth every penny.

Just used the Lime this morning. I bought a sample from Maggard's Razors. They also have Lavendar and Cedarwood/Sandalwood samples available. Just a sliver was enough for a good three pass shave. Smells GREAT and very cushiony. Fantastic cream!!

I've been really wanting to try something lavender, and as much as I want to try CF, I can't bring myself to spend that much. I know, the cost per shave is probably not that high compared to any other product, but man, there's something about dropping $40+ dollars on one single jar that just makes me kinda nauseous.

But who knows, maybe you guys can convince me :p

I had the Lavender when I first started and traded it away, maybe I'm not a lavender guy but maybe I wasn't good at lathering yet, I now have the Lime and absolutely love it.

I'm on my second jar of their lavender. I always get a great lather from it with almost no effort at all. Try it if you haven't, I'm sure you'll be back for more when you run out.

Eek! Unfortunately, the pricing bug has bit Castle Forbes. I just checked and the MSRP has increased from $38 to $44. Still my favorite software but I hate seeing the price increase. There are some sites that are selling at the original MSRP but I am sure they will increase to the new MSRP sooner rather than later.

I have pretty much ruled Castle Forbes out today because they just increased their prices and you don't get alot of cream either. It's a 7.2 ounce container. Westcoast has it for $43.99 which gives it a price point of $6.11 dollars per ounce. It's listed on most sites as a 200 ML conatiner which is double the size of your Proraso Pre & Post shave cream containers. That's too high of a price point for that amount of cream. I can see it if you got more cream than you do. Here's the link to what I wanted to try:

http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Cas...alwood-Essential-Oil-Shaving-Cream_p_993.html

I'm on a fixed income each and every month and can only spend so much on shaving products. I can't afford to pay $44 bucks + shipping on a cream that I might have a reaction to due to my sensitive skin. Proraso's Red shaving soap tore me a new one and it has alot of natural ingredients so there's a good chance that I'd have a reaction to this cream. Cf needs to quit being greedy because that's the number one reason why people don't try their products especially if a bad batch gets out.

Last edited:
Well, knightmare's post pushed me over the edge. It's still $38 at IB, so I pulled the trigger in case I never get another chance to get it South of $40.

This cream better change my life.

Well, knightmare's post pushed me over the edge. It's still $38 at IB, so I pulled the trigger in case I never get another chance to get it South of $40.

This cream better change my life.

hahaha, i can assure you it wont change you life, and if it does i believe you have bigger issues than the cost of the cream :)

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I did order another tub of Lavender - mine won't run out until the new year - to get in on the old price. But I will never be without this cream.

It isn't cheap, but the price difference isn't as big as it seems at first. For me the amount of Proraso required for an equal number of shaves would cost almost $30. Proraso is a fine cream, but for me that's a difference worth paying for.

Top Bottom