What's new

Any vintage Star Wars collectors here?

I snagged a couple vintage figures off Another site(Not fleabay) that have yet to ship to me. Wanted to see if someone here was into these things. Or any outside resources to check?

I'll post pics once they are received. I took a bit of a gamble, but if they are real, then I'm ok.

Anyone here a good resource?

Not an expert on this stuff but I sold off my collection a few years ago, had boxed ships, figures etc, some of them were actually my own toys when they first came out all those years ago. Not sure if you are just after sealed figures but I think I still have a few loose figures I could give away if you would be interested?

Last edited:
Absolutley, sending PM now. Very generous. I have a Mancave which is Steelers/golf themed first, then various shaving gear, and then some vintage toys/various other crap mixed in, but the room is all me and essentially the things I care about and enjoy. Every man should have such a space to retreat to.

Thanks again and another gleaming example of this fine community and why I love this place and the membership.

Cheers,

Dan

Not vintage, but I do have a few lightsabers and some Lego on display. In fact, my wife bought me a Lego X-Wing a few weeks ago, and last Friday we were at a local video game store that happens to sell other things, and they had a (discontinued!) Lego Millennium Falcon. She grabbed me that one too!

Yeah, she's a keeper.

Not into collectibles really, but I (and my younger son now) am an absolute fan of the movies. Have all of them and watch them periodically.

Even today the special effects in Episode IV look fantastic.

Which lego falcon? The 6000 piece one? That goes for $2000! Rumor is that it will be reprinted (if that applies to legos, maybe repackaged, rereleased?) next year, perhaps with a redesign. Hope it still has that high piece count. I have several star wars legos waiting to be assembled. My son is just a few months away from (hopefully) not eating (and choking) on small lego pieces.

I had a TON of original star wars toys, it was almost all I asked for for years. Had a ton of GI Joe as well, alas while I would have gladly hung on to all that stuff, my mom long ago tossed it all. No boxes or anything and more than a few pieces were dog chewed or fire "battle damaged", but it still would have been nice. The GI Joe stuff in particular was pretty well built, intricate, and would have been nice for display.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The one Star Wars thing I would buy now, for myself, would be a set of the first three movies, restored to original-release versions, without the after-the-fact messing about by George "fat elvis" Lucas in recent years.

Disney understands profits well, so maybe we'll see them.

I figure we'll see that "original trilogy" set this x-mas. I'm awaiting a comicon announcement. Maybe next x-mas to build hype for the new movie. But it'll definitely happen, no question. Then I can finally retire my VCR and SE VHS tapes of the OT :p

Sorry, I played with my toys as a child.

I never got into collecting them... Not when you could tie handkerchiefs to them and toss them off a roof to parachute down!! Or light them on fire, or... When they got too beat up... the Infamous Lady Finger of God!!!! Guaranteed to send a well meaning action figure into a glorious afterlife where, hopefully, 70 in the box Pricess Leia's await!!

But, I am the reason that some peoples Collectibles are worth so much money... So I think a Thank You is in order...:biggrin1:

Which lego falcon? The 6000 piece one? That goes for $2000! Rumor is that it will be reprinted (if that applies to legos, maybe repackaged, rereleased?) next year, perhaps with a redesign. Hope it still has that high piece count. I have several star wars legos waiting to be assembled. My son is just a few months away from (hopefully) not eating (and choking) on small lego pieces.

I had a TON of original star wars toys, it was almost all I asked for for years. Had a ton of GI Joe as well, alas while I would have gladly hung on to all that stuff, my mom long ago tossed it all. No boxes or anything and more than a few pieces were dog chewed or fire "battle damaged", but it still would have been nice. The GI Joe stuff in particular was pretty well built, intricate, and would have been nice for display.
Oh my, no, not that one. The 7965 model, 1200 pieces or so. And checking more, it may not be as discontinued as I thought it was. Harder to find maybe. Here's some pics of my "collection"

$uploadfromtaptalk1406337628715.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1406337638154.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1406337650329.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1406337660593.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1406337671064.jpg

Some of the smaller sets I bought with my allowance money when Ep. 1 came out, and I've got a few more in storage. The TIE Interceptor and the Ep. 2 & 3 sets came from a coworker who was purging, disassembled in a box with no manuals, I had to determine what they were and find them online, and the Ewok Village is my wife's ^_^

And wow. My phone attempted to autocorrect Ewok Village to Eton College.

The one Star Wars thing I would buy now, for myself, would be a set of the first three movies, restored to original-release versions, without the after-the-fact messing about by George "fat elvis" Lucas in recent years.

Disney understands profits well, so maybe we'll see them.

I do have all 3 originals on VHS tape- unopened. Don't know what it's worth if anything. But I'd still likely hang onto it. I think VHS tapes degrade over time, they may not even play, if I even had a VHS player.

Top Bottom