What's new

What belt to wear with these shoes?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
brown was my first thought. I always thought your belt and shoe color should match.

brown was my first thought. I always thought your belt and shoe color should match.

To an extent I would agree, but I also have a pair of the same shoes in grey suede, and no way I am going to wear a grey suede belt with grey suede shoes. Would look cheesy. I actually have worn a brown belt with the grey desert boots and it seems to work.

To an extent I would agree, but I also have a pair of the same shoes in grey suede, and no way I am going to wear a grey suede belt with grey suede shoes. Would look cheesy. I actually have worn a brown belt with the grey desert boots and it seems to work.

LOL! My old tailor says the only rules today are that there are no rules.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member

I have a black belt and I have a brown belt. I think they are the only two colors you really need.

When in doubt wear black.

Only time I wear a belt is at work.

Just a suggestion..... not sure how "far" you want to take this, but..... you could request some free leather and webbing samples from Charlie here:

http://www.equusleather.co.uk/belts/samples.html

He's got just about any shade you could imagine, or something very close. I've got my samples and when I get a new pair of shoes I just pull them out and match the sample to the shoe as best as I can and order a new belt to match. They are pricey and the wait is going to be a few weeks at least, but the belt will last you for the rest of your life if it's a bridle leather belt.

If not, brown or tan would be my recommendation. I like to match my belts pretty close to my shoes, but an exact match is not necessary for me.

Ben

As others have said, normal old brown will work. If you want to be a bit more fashion forward, tan (non suede) would work. If you want to be even MORE edgy, white or red.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I'd say "brown" is too dark.

Sorry guys.

Anything "light" will work ... tan, cream, whatever. It doesn't have to be "the same exact colour" but it should generally match on the "lightness/darkness" scale.

Ultimately, my suggestion would be to get a "d-ring" belt in some subtle light colour, or a brighter one ... they come in a real rainbow ... and just go that way:
proxy.php

I have a "stewart tartan" one that works well with lots of shoes (none of which are anything like stewart tartan).

proxy.php

LOL! My old tailor says the only rules today are that there are no rules.

Has he also told you that the first rule of Tailor Club is you don't talk about Tailor Club?

Just a suggestion..... not sure how "far" you want to take this, but..... you could request some free leather and webbing samples from Charlie here:

http://www.equusleather.co.uk/belts/samples.html

He's got just about any shade you could imagine, or something very close. I've got my samples and when I get a new pair of shoes I just pull them out and match the sample to the shoe as best as I can and order a new belt to match. They are pricey and the wait is going to be a few weeks at least, but the belt will last you for the rest of your life if it's a bridle leather belt.

If not, brown or tan would be my recommendation. I like to match my belts pretty close to my shoes, but an exact match is not necessary for me.

Ben

+1 ... great products from these guys.

Top Bottom