What's new

De Vergulde Hand Shave Stick

Prior to my trip to AZ I thought I would try a new shave stick and picked De Vergulde shave stick and ordered it from WCS. When it arrived I appreciated the fact that it came in a nice holder. It cost only $7.99 for a decent size stick, .75 g. The soap is made in the Nethrerlands by a company that WCS reported is one of the oldest soaps around.

$Holder.jpg

No need to find a pill bottle holder to store it when I travel.

I have alternated the shave stick with another shave stick (Wilkinson), a PC soap, and Bigelow cream. I have used this stick a few times prior to my trip and four times so far and I am very impressed.

$Stick.jpg

The soap is relatively hard but is easy to apply to your face. The lather it makes is excellent: lubricating and smooth.

It has a very mild scent, a little spicy but nothing offensive. It is harder than Arko and has a better scent. It lathers as nicely for me as my Tabac stick.

I didn't use the dVH stick, but when I had the chance to try out a dVH "Extra Fris" puck, the scent was like that of a dryer sheet. Sort of a fresh, but chemical scent. I liked it as a milder, simpler scent, and the soap performed well for me, protective and slick.

De Vergulde Hand soap is part of my rotation. I like the scent and provides top notch protection and slickness. It loads extremely easy and due to its performance, non-intrusive soapy citrus scent I think I will always keep using it.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Hard to believe they have been doing it for 460 years. I have tubs and a stick.

Here's a pic of some old packaging (De Vergulde Hand website)

proxy.php

Top Bottom