What's new

Article in today's NYT about cigar factory in Tampa

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/22/u...n-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Real point here is the FDA sticking it's nose in this. Our government pandering to the PC crowd by putting pressure on cigar smokers and businesses. As cigar smokers are a small percentage of the US population we make an easy target. They can't/won't do anything about the ability to make calls & text while driving, an issue that is an immediate killer in large numbers, but have to screw around with cigars. Weed is getting legalized but cigar smoking (not in public, of course) is getting more expensive and difficult by the day. Not a party issue either; all these idiots that we elect are useless.

This has been going on for months and I've been ranting about it for months.
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...nd-bulk-tobacco-storage?p=6177739#post6177739
The FDA invited the public to comment. Please, everyone comment. Make cogent, logical arguments on topics that will appeal to them. Remind them that the products in question are not abused by teenagers any more than spraypaint, that they're creating a black market which will cause more crime and support cartels, and that we adults choose to enjoy these things not out of nicotine slavery but out of voluntary enjoyment.

Or, I guess we can all just get so stoned that we don't care. I actually wonder, in a tinfoil hat kind of way, if the purpose is to create a black market to fill the void that will be left by the disappearance of the marijuana black market.

Legalize pot, criminalize cigars? Maybe there's more tax money in it. Even an industry small as this will be destroyed, along with the people in its employ. Enough industry, jobs and business has left these shores already. Capitalism will eventually be legislated out of existence. The country is upside down, my brothers.

Legalize pot, criminalize cigars? Maybe there's more tax money in it. Even an industry small as this will be destroyed, along with the people in its employ. Enough industry, jobs and business has left these shores already. Capitalism will eventually be legislated out of existence. The country is upside down, my brothers.

Exactly. The entire country is being taxed out of existence. This is what happens when the minority is in control of legislation. They have been attacking "big tobacco" for years along with "big oil". Success is penalized. When people can win a lawsuit against the tobacco industry because they smoked 2 packs of cigarettes for 30 years and got cancer, no industry is safe.

Last edited:
Exactly. The entire country is being taxed out of existence. This is what happens when the minority is in control of legislation. They have been attacking "big tobacco" for years along with "big oil". Success is penalized. When people can win a lawsuit against the tobacco industry because they smoked 2 packs of cigarettes for 30 years and got cancer, no industry is safe.
+1

Top Bottom