What's new

Shaving Bowl pics

Part of shaving variety for me are bowls. I like to wander at flea markets and usually find an interesting bowl for a 1€ or 2€.
Share all kind of your interesting bowls.

$DSC_0004.jpg
$DSC_0003.jpg
$DSC_0002b.jpg
$DSC_0005.jpg Wooden one

Wooden Miso Bowl from Amazon. Cost about $7 on Prime. I marred the smooth interior to enhance mixing.
Bowl has an elevated rim on bottom that makes for a convenient hand-hold when mixing.

$IMG_1839.JPG$IMG_1840.JPG

Last edited:
This is my current favorite. Picked up two of these at a yard sale for $0.50. Pretty sure they're soup mugs, but they fit my hand perfectly, and are just the right depth.

$mug.jpg

$mug2.jpg

Last edited:
I face lather, too. But I use the Miso bowls to load my brush and I do some mixing in the bowl. The bowl works great.
Yeah, that's right, you can cram soap into them and use as a loading platform. I'm a fan of containers with a lid, I'm not a fan of dust in my more seldom used soaps(Williams...).

I worried about particles too when using soap in a bowl. I leave mine open on the counter. But, I just toss a little water in the top and rinse it out before loading my brush to face lather. I've never had a problem with particles or dust because the water rinses out whatever landed on top.

I love the wooden ones, especially Tony's.
I rarely use my bowls, but I do have several nice soap dishes I've collected from yard sales and shops over the years. I'll get some pictures up later.

I too am always looking for cool bowls when I go to estate sales and thrift stores and the like. Here are three that I've found in the last few months. I spent a whopping $4.75 total. Good times.

$20140723_202825.jpg$20140723_203000.jpg

I'm waiting for someone to post a picture of a suribachi bowl. I'm primarily a face latherer, but there is something enticing about those bowls......might make a bowl latherer out of me yet.

I'm waiting for someone to post a picture of a suribachi bowl. I'm primarily a face latherer, but there is something enticing about those bowls......might make a bowl latherer out of me yet.

I've been eying this Helen Chen suribachi bowl on Amazon. It's made for grinding seeds; but looks like it'd make a great lathering bowl. It's under $11 and measures 5.5" across the top.

$81v7LTpPstL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom