What's new

A happy mis-order

So I did an order just recently for a few items and one of the items I wanted to get was a strong cooling aftershave. After doing some research here, I was intrigued by seeing recommendations on Krampert's Frostbite.
So I go to the website and click on Krampert's (not paying close attention even at order review).

A few days later I get my order and there is Krampert's Bay Rum. Huh? Yep my blunder.

So I am thinking should I return for an exchange or just keep it? Oh heck, I decide to just keep it.
Glad I did. This stuff is very nice. I do like the scent (although doesn't stay long), not over-powering, no heavy clove (my liking), but the standout aspect of this stuff is that skin goodies are great! This stuff really made my face feel great after the shave.

I think this is one that I will always have to have in the den with the Captain's Choice.

Some mistakes are happy ones.

I agree, it is my "go to" Bay Rum.

You still need to get the Frostbite though. Brian, for some reason, does not have it on his web-site. West Coast Shaving and Italian Barber both carry it.

It is not discontinued. He just does not have it on the web-site. He prefers to let his vendors market it. Let's not get any rumors started....

It is not discontinued. He just does not have it on the web-site. He prefers to let his vendors market it. Let's not get any rumors started....

OK and I can certainly agree with your statement about rumors. There are too many of those floating around as it is.

I ordered both the Bay Rum and Frostbite. Used the Bay Rum yesterday and the Frostbite today. These are now my favourite aftershaves, and I own quite a few. The scent of the Bay Rum is my favourite of the Bay Rum splashes I own. The skin nourishment properties make Krampert's a definite winner in my book.

I was impressed by the Bay Rum but the Frostbite even more so. The menthol is quite something and lasted about 20 + minutes from the moment I applied it to when it faded completely. The piney/peppermint scent is great and once the menthol fades you can really smell the pine scent.

If you are impressed with the Bay Rum you will be even more so with the Frostbite. It's a blessing in summer. As the others have already said, get the Frostbite. You cannot go wrong with either and tho the price of the Frostbite is higher, it's a real performer and I believe has even more skin care goodies in it than the Bay Rum.

I guess I will have to get the Frostbite.
I have Proraso (original formula) as my only cooling aftershave and I kinda want it to last so I am looking for something to compliment it.
And as to helping to quell the rumors, WCS has both.

Top Bottom