What's new

$31.50 Hoffritz Slant clean up!

One night last week I couldn't sleep so I got up and opened the computer. The last page I had looked at earlier in the evening was ebay. I believe the search was for "vintage razor". I hit refresh and looked at the few razors that had been posted in the middle of the night. I was a little groggy and almost missed this but it was a mediocre pic of three razors. I noticed the Gem and Aristocrat right away but then my eyes widened as I noticed a very dirty Hoffritz Slant in between the two. The Buy It Now price for the lot was $31.50 and I bought them ASAP. The razors showed up today and the Gem and Gillette will both clean up into nice users but I went to work on the Hoffritz first. It's not a museum piece but it's really nice. Overall, I'm really really happy with this one! Gonna shave with it tomorrow morning. The first pic is from the auction. The second is from earlier today and the last two are from after the cleaning.

Attachments

• $$_57-2.jpg
    $$_57-2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 269
  • $IMG_3561.jpg
    $IMG_3561.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 267
  • $IMG_3565.jpg
    $IMG_3565.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 266
  • $IMG_3569.jpg
    $IMG_3569.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 265
Thanks guys. I really lucked out with this one. Or I guess I should say two since the Aristocrat cleaned up quite nicely as well. Even the Gem looks good!

No kidding, you are a lucky pancake!!!

All three are very nice, but that Hoffritz looks very nice, I am sure it will shave you very well... Enjoy!!!

Just finished my first shave with and and I like! I loaded a Med Prep and did two passes. While I was shaving, I was thinking I was going to have irritation but I didn't and I got a CCS. I think things will only improve with this razor. I still can't believe I scored it!

Today was my third shave in a row with it and was definitely the best. Very nice shave with some very mild irritation in spots where I'm prone to irritation. I'm really liking the razor but it's certainly a different animal than any of my other vintage razors. Not in a bad way, it's just interesting and I think it'll take a little getting used to. I'll probably take a day off from it tomorrow and then load up a vintage Spoiler and see how that combo works. Med Preps are my go to blade but I have a feeling it might not be the best choice in this razor.

Ok, for those keeping score at home, I didn't bother to take a day off and had my fourth shave in a row with the Hoffritz this morning. The previous three had been with a Med Prep and I loaded a fresh Spoiler in it this morning. The blade was good but slightly more irritation than the Med Prep. This razor seems to make short work of a few of my typical "problem" areas but it also leaves me with mild irritation in places I'm not used to. I really want to love it but so far, while the shaves have all been very nice, the mild irritation is bugging me. I have very sensitive skin and a thick beard. The most aggressive razor in my rotation is probably a NEW, which I love, but I typically stick to a Super Speed, Tech or more recently a Razorock Stealth. Maybe the Hoffritz isn't quite for me but I'm certainly not going to give up on it yet.

Give it time. The very first time I decided it was time for me to shave I "borrowed" my dads Hoffritz Slant. There was no way to hide the carnage from my family or the other kids at school. There is a learning curve.

Top Bottom