What's new

So... the Veg. Hmmmm.

I hit the local beauty supply store today to check and see what they had that was interesting besides Lucky Tiger Bay Rum. I saw Pinaud Clubman, which SWMBO can't stand; Clubman Special Reserve, which I almost decided to try; a couple of other Bay Rums, and some Pinaud Lime Sec, which I had in my hands when I spotted it.

Down at the bottom of the shelf. In a corner. Hidden from all burt the most inquisitive customer. There it was. The famous VEG!

I furtively grabbed a bottle and took it to the cashier. I think I made it out of the place before anyone saw what I was buying.

So I brought my newfound treasure homeand tried some on. Interesting. Kind of a cross between a funeral home and a bottle of Lysol. And strong too...

Just when I decided that I should have purchased the lime, SWMBO came in and took a whiff. And liked it. A lot!

So, I guess that resolves that now, doesn't it?

Cheers,
Jerry

Congratulations on being one of the chosen to enjoy this great aftershave.

Obviously you have the heightened sense of smell to fully appreciate the subtle nuances of the great Pinaud product.

I don't know if that counts as being chosen by the Veg. More like being chosen by SWMBO. Of course, that has more benefits...

No kidding...a hidden bottle of Pinaud Vegetal...nice find, your life will never be the same.
Is the bottle plastic or perhaps the classic sought after glass bottle?
Many long time Vegetal users like to keep it in glass.
An all-time favorite classic aftershave...:thumbup:

Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

$thumbnail.asp.jpeg

On target with that description! Thankfully, it gets better quickly...

And I thought it was more eau de cat urine straight from the tap. I'm glad so many people like it and it works for them. I tried it again at Merz last week and it smells like a cat sprayed me. The Veg will forever elude me.

Pinaud Lilac Vegetal. It plays to somewhat mixed reviews around here. Those that know it either extoll its virtues or curse it mightily.

What the hell is The Veg?!

Yes, that sound you heard is a big, fat tear rolling off my ugly mug and hitting the floor.

You can rock The Veg. You can hate The Veg. You can let The Veg torment you with maddening ambivalence.

But, to not know The Veg?

Alas, all about is darkness, and I weep.

What the hell is The Veg?!

Get some! Just a quick word of advice. ...Decant into a glass bottle and let it air out for about 3 weeks (no kidding). I thought I hated it at first but once I decanted it and let it air out, I loved it....Wife likes it too so that's a plus. If you hate it at first, follow my instructions and you will learn to love it. And it feels so good on your skin!

Top Bottom