What's new

My first day off from shaving since i got my DE

I've been participating in the 365 Shaves 2014. Haven't missed a day this year. That has NEVER happened in my life. It's kind of cool.

BTW. Welcome to the B&B. Glad you're here.

I generally take one day off a week, just works out that way. Sometimes two in a row. I didn't shave today, shaved last night for a party and I will shave tomorrow for work, so not even a full day off really. It's fun to have a bit more beard to shave but I always miss shaving now when I skip days. I am looking forward to tomorrow's shave!

My growth is slow enough that I can get away with every other day or so. Between that and sensitive skin, every other day works out well.

I used to skip Saturdays, but now I usually shave because it is so much fun.
I almost skipped today. Yesterday left my lower neck a bit angry.....I couldn't help myself tho. A simple two pass shave left me feeling awesome and so ready for this day!

Although I did not join the 365 shaves for 2014 this year, I have shaved every day since I started DE shaving in early December 2013. I used the same razor for a month until I got an open comb (Razo Rock Jaws), and then I used the Jaws for a month before the RAD kicked in and I started accumulating vintage DE razors. My RAD has now kicked into 2nd gear and I am now using single edge Gem's, Ever Ready's, and Schick Injectors. I now have enough razors, that I can almost use a different razor every day for a month without using the same razor twice.

As a lot of people here say, "I can't wait to wake up so I can shave again".

And as Marco's grandfather told him when he was a wee lad, "Because a real Gentleman shaves every morning".

I don't think I have missed more than 10 days of shaving in 35 years, even when I have had a beard (or some form of semi-permanet facial growth). I just feel "grubby", for lack of a better word, if my whisker bearing facial skin isn't smooth. Until I was recently bitten by the DE shaving bug, I hated shaving, but still had to do it.

I have not missed a shave since I started DE shaving just about 4 months ago, but I really didn't miss many shaves prior to DE shaving either. The wife likes a clean shaven face.

Wednesday is my only day off from work, so I usually take it off from shaving as well. I don't know if it's psychological but the next day's shave with double the growth sometimes feels extra close!

Top Bottom