What's new

I think Proraso is The ONE!

For me anyway...here's the creams/soaps I've tried. T&H Grafton,1805,sandlewood,Trafalgar;GFT coconut; TOBS Avocado,Eton college st James,jermyn st;mikes barbershop,bayrum,coconut,orange and black pepper;musgo real original and spiced citrus;synergy the beach;Razorock xxx;Cella; nivea sensitive;AOS sandlewood;body shop maca root;L'Occitane cade;CF Lime..and obviously proraso red and green...probably more ive tried but you get the picture. ...

anyways....out of them all I like

Proraso Sandalwood THE BEST...

followed closely by Cella and Mikes Barbershop. Special mention to AOS Sandalwood...I like the scent better then Proraso Red but the proraso works better overall for me

I recognize everyone will have their own favorites. For me those are the best that work for me. PRORASO red...you rule! It always gives me such a close comfortable shave...and leaves my face feeling great!

Last edited:
I haven't tried nearly that many soaps, but I really like the Proraso Green and I'll take your word that the Sandalwood outperforms all those you listed.

I haven't tried nearly that many soaps, but I really like the Proraso Green and I'll take your word that the Sandalwood outperforms all those you listed.
Again its a YMMV...for me it just works great. I have been rotating so many soaps/creams and every time I'm back to proraso red I always feel so great afterwards in a way that I don't feel with many of the others...its kind of a whole package thing for me...scent,performance,protection...it just works so well for me. Last few days I just kept reaching for my proraso red, rotation be damned and sure enough 3 days in a row and it was great each time. I think I've found my cream!

I have everything Proraso makes in green except the new balm and that will be on the way from IB soon. I'd like the branch out and try some of the other flavors and I'm sure I will eventually.

I also like the Proraso creams both green and red. I'm getting to the point where I'm going to settle on one thing each also.

I really like the price point and performance of proraso but hate the film stink it leaves behind. Funny because I think the red sandlewood is the worst of what I've tried. It smells like old man to me. LOL! Blue is bottoms for me to. Green is the best and doesn't leave anything a good aftershave can't overpower but im mixed on how it tingles/numbs my face when I lather and I've never tried the white sensitive. I'm a soap guy anyway and take the TOBS and GFT when it comes to creams. You're not alone in liking it though. I'm sure I'm in the minority in not liking their products.

Ive got a full tube of red I'm going to PIF like I did my blue. Green....I think I'll hang on to because I think I need to give it more time and a more fair chance to impress.

EDIT: your liking cella 2nd, does your cella seem like it's harsh, or stinging feel when you lather with it? I love its scent but it seems to do something on my face, almost burn feeling. I've got sensitive skin but thought I'd ask if you have that experience with cella.

Last edited:
I really like the price point and performance of proraso but hate the film stink it leaves behind. Funny because I think the red sandlewood is the worst of what I've tried. It smells like old man to me. LOL! Blue is bottoms for me to. Green is the best and doesn't leave anything a good aftershave can't overpower but im mixed on how it tingles/numbs my face when I lather and I've never tried the white sensitive. I'm a soap guy anyway and take the TOBS and GFT when it comes to creams. You're not alone in liking it though. I'm sure I'm in the minority in not liking their products.
If you are talking about Proraso cream, then I'm with you on this.

I love the Proraso soap (croap), but their cream I never could get the hang of... It's not the smell of it, but I feel that it leaves a film behind, in a way the soap never did for me. I can't seem to wash it off, and I end up feeling like there's this thing I just can't get off my face. The soap never leaves me feeling that way, only the cream.

Ive got a full tube of red I'm going to PIF like I did my blue. Green....I think I'll hang on to because I think I need to give it more time and a more fair chance to impress.

EDIT: your liking cella 2nd, does your cella seem like it's harsh, or stinging feel when you lather with it? I love its scent but it seems to do something on my face, almost burn feeling. I've got sensitive skin but thought I'd ask if you have that experience with cella.
No harshness or tingling at all from cella..sounds like a bit of a reaction...don't use it anymore

If you are talking about Proraso cream, then I'm with you on this.

I love the Proraso soap (croap), but their cream I never could get the hang of... It's not the smell of it, but I feel that it leaves a film behind, in a way the soap never did for me. I can't seem to wash it off, and I end up feeling like there's this thing I just can't get off my face. The soap never leaves me feeling that way, only the cream.
Both work exceedingly well for me. Actually I prefer the cream in a tube.

Gotta try blue and white still...but green and red especially are awesome

Want to trade some of your other soaps/creams for a used twice tube of proraso red? I hope my asking this doesn't knock it to the B/S/T forum.

Im going keep my green. I think there's something there I haven't quite decided on yet. It's the same as C.O.Bigelow, which I have, just different packaging.

Last edited:
I like the green. I've been trying lots of soaps & creams head to head with it and the lowly Proraso green in the tube always seems to come out on top. Nothing else seems to soften my wiry whiskers as well. Being able to just wipe the whiskers off my face using a very light touch and a minimal number of passes makes my shaves much more comfortable. Despite the red tube saying it's for tough beards, I don't get quite the same comfort from it.

I agree about the film it leaves behind but I can do a hand lather once a week or so with one of my poorer performing soaps and the film comes right off my brush. It also wipes off the razor easily when I change blades. So for me, it's not a deal breaker.

Love the green and blue. My son and I have the same likes in smell and he couldn't stand the red so I'll likely not waste my money.

I used to LOVE Proraso green. The scent was something that I would inhale even on days when I was not shaving. I'll add that the Red works very well, but the scent just wasn't for me. Sampled the blue and I would say that it's my favourite of the three. The green still performs very well, but the scent is just too musty to my nose now. Disappointing.

Hated the red smell probably more than any soap I've ever had. I don't know why since I'm normally okay with sandalwood, but it bothered me a lot and lingered all day. No complaints about the soap performance though.

The white croap is my favorite Proraso soap and I love the green aftershave.

Proraso red is great but my ski doesn't like sandalwood any more, too bad. Green is a bit too powerful for me but the white is great. I use it more than anything else. A tub seems to last forever.

Scott

Top Bottom