What's new

I think Proraso is The ONE!

R

rw3cja

Used Proraso Green for the first time yesterday and had an incredible cold water shave. Merkur 34C, Astra Platinum blade and the ice cold Proraso certainly woke me up. No irritation what so ever, incredibly close shave after just two passes (but had enough lather to keep going to at least 4). I think it's the one!

The only one left for me to try is the blue.

All are excellent in terms of slickness and cushioning, but so far the green one is my favorite for the invigorating whooooooosh. Red is the best performer, but lacks the whooooooosh. White has a neat sent, but I have to leave it sit on my face longer for the beard softeners to take effect...oh, and no whooooooosh either.

I like the white. When I first started wet shaving green had a little too much "whoosh" for me, and red irritated my skin after a while :( White is great, though I'm thinking of trying the green again, maybe I've grown
inti it by now ;)

Scott

Proraso green was my first cream. The tube is my go to whenever I try new blade or setups as I get the slickest most protective coverage from it every time.

Just started with Proraso last week - tried the green and the red so far - liking them very much. Also have the blue to try next. I think I may well stick with these.

Proraso products are very good, I have tried the green and the red and I love them. Compared to other products I have used they really outperform them. So for me this is THE soap. You should also try their aftershave, it smells damn good.

My very first cream was Proraso (classic) and I will always love that smell. Little drying, but there is nothing like shaving with it and going out in the winter cold.

I was finally able to get some Red & try it Sunday. I love the feeling on my face & the scent.
Ill have to use it more, but I think it might be my go to soap.

I do like proraso alot but for me TOBS Eton College is king. I can shave 2-3 days in a row, cold water, hot water anything with the cream and i'm always golden.

I tried the Red on Saturday and I really disliked the scent. I also got one of the worst shaves I've had, but I don't know if that was because I was trying a pre-shave oil (instead of noxzema) for the first time.

I really like the proraso green and thought I would like the red. I'll give it another try to see how it goes.

I have the green soap and the blue cream and they are both fantastic.
I find myself rotating between the two and the 4 or so other options I have are just collecting dust.

Must try the red next and I'm sure the white eventually.
I am definitely a Proraso kind O guy!
.....oh yeah.....the green splash is my fav AS I've tried so far.

$proraso.jpg

I'm in.

I do like Proraso Green and Red but sometimes I think they need to be a bit slicker. A bit more water helps somewhat but it's finicky.

Proraso (Bigelow) green is the only cream I've used, and I'm fine with not branching out; it's treated me that well. I've been DE shaving for just over a year, now, and I'm even planning to get the blue to alternate with.

I'm not sure if you were referring to soap or cream in your assessment, but I too have found the cream to be finicky about adding water. It's very forgiving as to how much water you can add, but then there's a point at which it just loses its protective quality. It's almost like a single drop too much water pushes it over the edge ... not a gradual decline, but a precipitous dropoff.

I bought my first tube of Proraso Green in Bologna, Italy and I loved it. I have since moved on to the tub, which also works great. I use the tub at home, and the tube when I travel (often). I have read on here that the Proraso Green available in the states is re-packaged by C.E. Bigelow, and is similar, but not the same. Does anyone have experience with both? I'm looking to re-order soon.

E

Top Bottom