What's new

Favourite (Canadian sp. :) Barbershop

I've really been hooked on the barbershop scents lately. Mikes was my long time favourite, then Strop Shoppe.

I also have RR XXX (is this an Italian barbershop?) and RR Fine American Blend. Both I think have a more "powdery" scent.

I'm sure I missed others anyone have any suggestions?

Barrister and Mann Seville is a barbershop style scent, slightly earthier in my opinion. I have RR XXX and Mikes, both great scents I think.

Tabac? Tabula Rasa lavender? MWF? Vintage Williams?

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 225
Cold River Soap Works..american barbershop scent. great soap and the scent is fresh , clean, and a throw back to the classics. I would also recommend Wet Shave Obsession's. Bill the Barber. I heard that HTGAM came out with a barberpole scent. its on my wish list as soon as they refill inventory.

I have Stirling Barbershop, Mike's Barbershop, RazoRock/Fine American Blend, Cold River American Barbershop, WSO Bill the Barber, and a sample of B&M Seville. Mike's and Cold River are fairly similar to one another, and do not really have that powdery scent. WSO and Stirling are also similar to one another and they both have that sweet, powdery scent, with a little antiseptic going on. I love all the ones that I have, but I think RazoRock/Fine American Blend, for me anyway, is the epitome of the classic barbershop scent. I don't have the HTGAM Barberpole (or Barbersoul) soap, but I have the Barbersoul scented deodorant. If the soap smells the same as the deodorant, then it smells the same as American Blend. So I would say that American Blend and Barberpole are the two that give me that authentic barbershop scent.

EDIT TO ADD: I don't think that XXX is considered an Italian Barbershop scent. The classic Italian Barbershop scent would be almond/marzipan. So P.160 or RazoRock Classic would fall into that category.

Last edited:
I believe Mike's uses essential oils and Stirling's Barbershop is one of theirs that uses fragrance oils. I do like the Stirling barbershop scent though...

Stirling's Barbershop was weak and didn't seem to last through the sample puck. Mikes, on the other hand, has that wonderful aroma that lasts throughout the whole 5 oz puck. I like Mike's barbershop way better than Stirlings. As always, YMMV.

Like so many have said here Mike's barbershop is an awesome scent. The Barbershop scent from the new Wet Shaving Products Rustic shave soap smells a lot like Mike's to me, performs very well too. Those are my only real experiences with barbershop scents. The WSP soap is still at their introductory price of $5.99 a puck as well. http://wetshavingproducts.com/rustic-shaving-soap/

For me, it is Proraso Green. Brings back a lot of memories of going to a local barber when I lived in the GTA.

Top Bottom