What's new

Eau de Portugal hair tonic

Hello everyone!

I have, for quite a while, been using DR Harris Eau de Portugal (with oil) hair tonic, and like it very much.
I also tried Pashana, but wasn't as keen.

I have just spotted that Taylor of Old Bond Street does EdP too.

How does this compare?

Are there any others that I should consider?

Thanks in advance.

Ian

Hi Ian. Wow, I was unaware Taylor of Old Bond Street made a EdP hair lotion. I should be paying more attention I suppose. If you have not tried Pinaud EdP you are truly missing something. It does not contain oil which for me is a good thing. The scent however is all old school and quite potent. Much better I thought than Pashana. Pashana is a good tonic but their star is Blue Orchid for me. The Pinaud is good stuff that can double as an aftershave.

Thanks for the input. The Pinaud sounds interesting, but the lack of oil would be a problem for me (very dry hair since I turned 45ish).
I may give the Taylor's a whirl if nobody pipes up with any negative comments about it.
I have tried the Blue Orchid (courtesy of my local barber, post cut) and didn't like it at all. Each to their own, however...

I ordered some of the Taylor's EdP. Here is a brief comparison with DR Harris EdP.
Taylor's: orange.
Harris: lemon.
In more detail...
Whereas Harris's EdP has strong lemon scents, Taylor's is definitely orange - orange scents and a faint orange colour.
Taylor's is sharper and is perhaps a little longer lasting (both fade relatively rapidly).
They are probably comparable in terms of oil content. If anything the Harris may be a tad oilier.
Which is better? I think I prefer the sharpness of the Harris's. My wife prefers the smoothness of the Taylor's.
Looks like I shall be alternating between them.
I'll report back again if my perceptions of them change over time.

Top Bottom