What's new

My New Edwin Jagger DE89LBL

Advise using soap on the threads. It will make it easier to put together and take apart, and lessen the chance of damaging the threads or chipping the plating on the threads.

Also, don't drop it.

But the DE89 is a good razor. I use it every day. Don't use anything else. You just need to be careful.

Just ordered mine. Can't wait . The pictures of it look pretty Schlick. Purchased based on positive reviews here and on Amazon. I lashed out and brought the 3d one. At the end of the day I hope it gives a great shave. Beautiful looking peice of kit.

OP - Definitely try vintage for your next razor. A New, Old, or any of the Super Speeds are classic shavers that will serve you well.

Congratulations! Thats a nice razor you got there. I have one too, i also have the Merkur 34C and love them both. You cant go wrong there. Cheers!

I've been using an EJ DE89L based on recommendations from this site and have been really pleased. It's definitely a work of art. Congrats!

Not that it matters but the razor is a DE89L. The BL means it comes with five Derby blades and the first L means the handle has lines.

I think he is talking about the new long handle ones that have another L in there so DEL89L.

Here is the whole model name. Picture of mine.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406507982.192819.jpg

Last edited:
I LOVE my barley ej89. I had a 34c before that and imo ej blows it away. I also own a fatboy, flare tip ss and a 46-50 date code tech. and the ej89 is the razor i reach for most often. Pair it up with some silver blues or voskhod and man that baby is smooth and close!! If u get another razor please stay away from merkur. My 34c had a small chip of plating come off and i emailed everyone on their site with no response period. So i returned through the vendor and got the edwin jagger. The only razor on the radar for me is a stealth slant.

I love my EJ barley chrome and my Merkur 34C and 34G. Have just bought a Mergress XL from these boards and testing it out now. Big fan of both EJ and Merkur.

Just got the EJ in the mail today and did my first ever DE shave and didn't nick myself or get any razor burn. I used a Personna Lab Blue and it was awesome.

I wish I started DE shaving years ago and recommend it to anybody.

Mine arrived today with the 3d handle. It's look great out of the box. Used my red persona blades and suffered a few nicks. A lot heavier then my Parker 22 r .will take me a bit of getting used too. Told the kids they can fight over it once I croak it. In the meantime looking forward to many years of shaving with it 😃

Top Bottom