What's new

.25 Cent Score!

You gotta love Moms. Since she loves to hit flea markets and garage sales all the time, I told her to keep an eye out for shaving gear. She dropped this gem off last night, and when I offered to pay her what she paid, she said it cost a quarter and not to worry about it. I can find no date code on it, but it is marked "Gillette" and looks to be from the 50s, but does anyone know for sure?

It still had a razor in it, and one I've never seen before. Its not rusted, and although it does not feel sharp when checking it, took some hair right off my arm with no problem. Who made these?

The blade experts will know for sure, I have seen them before but don't know enough about them.

The razor should have a date code, unless it is an English Super Speed. Does it say Made in England, or the Brit. Pat. 694093 inside the blade tray?

No, Made In USA. There was a lot of soap scum and other dried funk, and its currently soaking, so maybe the date code was covered. I'll check again and post what I find.

I have seen them come up on Ebay from time to time. I have tried them and the are different. It is kind of shave with training wheels. The blades was very mild and I felt like it left stubble. If you like trying new things it is worth giving it a chance, as long as you can get the blades cheap enough.

Twenty five cents? Damn, I overpaid for a Pal Injectomatic in very good condition it was a whole dollar (not kidding). Great score I know that you will love your SS!

I remember those blades from my youth. Either my father used that brand in the 70s or I used them in the late 80s in his Slim that I started out with.

That's going to bother me all night. Off to Google it.

Top Bottom