What's new

What's your go to beer?

My favorite "off the shelf" beer is.....

proxy.php

might not be work safe but beer discussions always brings this to mind (mods can remove if it is "over the top)

Last edited by a moderator:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Usually one of the Samuel Adams variants. They just put out their Octoberfest seasonal beer for this year. SA Boston Ale when I can find it, Boston Lager when I can't. Also drink my local, now not so micro, brewery Abita Beer summer seasonal "Seersucker".

Yeah. Little too thick after mowing the lawn. Only got through 6 oz. Saving the last 4 cans for a chilly night.

Last edited:
My favorite beer is the only one officially made with crack cocaine (fact check me, it's legit).

A tremendous Belgian from an awesome (used to be little when I first started visiting 20 years ago) brewery on the beautiful northern coast of California...

$brand-Pranqster-pour.png

Ouch knows the place.

Family aren't too far away from Ringwood Brewery (Hampshire, England), so the go to beer tends to be either Old Thumper or 49er (both dark bitters) straight out of the brewery barrels and into a flagon or pidgin! Only stays fresh for 2-3 days when left in a cool place, but it seldom lasts the evening when we're about! :w00t:

If my local pub - then whatever local special is on - especially if it's a micro brewery one

Here in Wisconsin, New Glarus Spotted Cow is widely available and very versatile. It's light-ish, not boring, not heavy, not too hoppy, easy drinking and New Glarus is still small enough that you can drink it and keep your street cred.

As for me personally? I don't remember the last time I bought the same thing on two consecutive trips to the store, so I don't understand the question. :001_smile

Rolling Rock "pony"
Miller High Life "pony"

A long gone Charlotte watering hole "The Silver Dollar Saloon" would sell both of these for a quarter each.
I also remember 6 oz. cans of Schlitz for a dime.

Attachments

• $rr.jpg
    $rr.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 57
  • $pony.jpg
    $pony.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 57
There's a reason Sierra Nevada sell so many Pale Ale and Torpedo 6 and 12 packs. These are world class beers that you can get at the gas station for around $1 a beer. Great flavor and outstanding shelf life for American hoppy ales.

proxy.php

My go to for yard work, grilling, etc. is PBR. Other than that I don't really have a single favorite and drink a wide variety of micro brews. I can't get Yuengling where I live but I always acquire a few cases when I or a friend travel east where it's available.

Top Bottom