What's new

What's your go to beer?

Sometimes in my demographic (late 20s) I feel I'm of the rare opinion that I prefer to have a few standbys instead of trying a new beer every week. I enjoy trying new beers as much as the next guy, but most of my exposure comes from trying new stuff which comes up on the tap at some bars with a huge selection. And I'm not gonna crack open a Pliny the Elder just to watch baseball. So, what are the beers you're most likely to buy a case of? (Even if its not a case, simply what you find yourself drinking the most by volume)

For me I'd have to go Anchor Steam and Sierra PA. Both are extremely drinkable but still have an interesting profile, and in CA I can frequently get a 24 case at Costco for around a buck a beer.

I'm about the same way (and same age). The plethora of beer bars and growler filling stations it almost doesn't make sense to keep a ton of crazy beer around the house. My every day drinking beer just ends up being whatever craft beer is on sale for close to a buck a beer. I can usually get Sierra Nevada PA in cans for close to that price.

I, too, share the same. I usually stick to IPAs and my one go to for mass production is the Red Hook Long Hammer IPA. Can be found just about anywhere. I do like to try the microbrewery IPAs every once in while though but it does usually come around 1.25-1.50 apiece. Not bad compared to bar prices.

Definitely the Sweetwater IPA or Sierra Nevada IPA. I like them much more than the Pale Ales. Both have a wonderful grapefruit finish and pretty good ABV and when on sale at Publix I find it for about a buck a beer. But WHOA! the calories!!!!!!!!!

I, too, share the same. I usually stick to IPAs and my one go to for mass production is the Red Hook Long Hammer IPA. Can be found just about anywhere. I do like to try the microbrewery IPAs every once in while though but it does usually come around 1.25-1.50 apiece. Not bad compared to bar prices.
I will add that I usually get pulled into the IPAs that claim high ABV and super hoppyness. Something about it draws me to buy some and test that claim.

I love craft beers as much as the next guy but I'm cheap and reserve those for special occasions. My go to beers if I'm going to buy a case are either Busch or Grain Belt Premium.

proxy.php
proxy.php

My sentiments exactly. For me, It's Bud and Miller. I buy Pabst Blue Ribbon every once in a while when I really feel like stooping.

I love craft beers as much as the next guy but I'm cheap and reserve those for special occasions. My go to beers if I'm going to buy a case are either Busch or Grain Belt Premium.

proxy.php
proxy.php

When I don't feel like experimenting or my palate doesn't feel like working, my old standby's are Rolling Rock and Budweiser.

IMHO the PBR in cans and Rolling Rock in the 30-ct case makes for a wonderful BBQ or grass cutting experience. I do it semi/semi-regularly! Even Miller High-Life is a good lawnmowing/BBQ Grilling beer no matter how cheap and tawdry it seems when that moment comes that you have to side up to the check-out cashier.

But good IPAs for a dollar each are my favorites.

Typical go-tos: Sams Boston Lager or Guinness usually.
Occasionally Red stripe. Smithwicks if I'm making black and tans with the Guinness.

But I have an excellent retailer of craft brew from around the world nearby, so there's often a bunch of excellent odd-balls in the mini-frdge too.

Fullers London Porter. Complex, dark and a bit like having a meal in its own right.

very nice choice.

For me, it depends. I usually go for a mild IPA, or a hefeweizen during the summer. But during the winter it's barleywines, porters and stouts.

My favorite beer is Budweiser. I can drink Budweiser Light if that's all that's on tap. If I'm a guest in someones home I can drink Miller Genuine Draft, but....I'm primarily an Anheiser Bush product drinker for the most part.

Back in the day, when I lived in Burbank, many moons ago, it used to be Lucky Lager.... Is it even around anymore?

Last edited:
Top Bottom