What's new

What's your go to beer?

I'm way too adventurous to claim that I have any particular go-to brew, or even a few of them for that matter. Particularly interested in craft IPA's though - the hoppier, the better.
With that said, I suppose that I probably have a case of Shock Top in the fridge more often than anything else, simply because it's cheap and readily available grocery store when I go to pick up anything else.

Hard for me to determine a "go-to" beer. I enjoy trying new ones too much!
If I'm drinkin on the cheap (Ie, bringing to a race), I like to get PBR tall boys. Just seems right.
If I'm at a restaurant with a limited beer selection, I like Sam Adams Boston Lager. It's probably my default selection if I can't find anything else when I want a beer.
If I'm at a sporting event, I used to go for Coors Light. Or sometimes I just go without.
Typically though, I'm into trying IPAs and Pale Ales. I like 'em hoppy.

"Lager", which in my area implies Yeungling's. I usually buy a case or two a year, the other times I'm picking up varies brews from a 6-pack shop.

It's either feast or famine with me in that I'm drinking super cheap or drinking something super tasty and premium (to me).
My go to cheap brew is Natty Daddy. I know. Don't hate. :001_smile
My premium go to is usually a good bottle or two of something from Stone Brewing like Arrogant Bastard or Double Bastard. They are very good strong ales. Ruination is a wicked IPA and if you like IPAs, you'll love it.

Anything New Glarus. Moon Man, Spotted Cow, Fat Squirrel are probably the three I am most likely to pick up.

Sorry, you can only get it in Wisconsin.

Guinness Stout
Guinness Black Lager
Sam Adams Boston Lager

And I live in Canada believe it or not. But I think I'd love these beers even if I lived in Germany

Go to beers:
Blue Moon
Schöfferhofer Grapefruit (if I can find it)
Newcastle
Not beer but there is always a few Angry Orchard's in the fridge.

While I like to sample new beers, and it depends on the activity, I usually end up with one or two of these in a "build your own six pack" every time. Or just a six pack of it.

Founder's Breakfast Stout
Founder's Porter
Founder's All Day IPA
Stone Ruination IPA
Monchsof Schwarzbier

If I go home and am drinking cheap with my buddies, then PBR is fine.

Clausthaler Amber NA since I quit the good stuff I year ago. I really miss Guinness and Four Peaks Kilt Lifter (Scottish ale from a local craft brewery).

Top Bottom