What's new

What's your go to beer?

I interpret "go-to" as "widely available in four or six packs where you live." Because my tastes tend to be seasonal, I have go-to breweries as opposed to single beers. My list: Founders, Revolution, Deschutes, Firestone Walker and Great Lakes. Also in the mix occasionally: Half Acre, Surly, Lagunitas and Stone.

Can 10 breweries qualify as go-to? Probably not. Then again, I drink a lot of beer.

proxy.php

I drink very little, so when I do, I can afford to get the more expensive ones that I like. My favorite class are ales, and of that I most like Chimay, brewed by monks in Belgium. I generally prefer the darker ones (Chimay makes 3 different varieties), but this white one with 8% ABV always takes the cake for me

View attachment 531613

Love the Australian beers!! A great South Australian brew is Coopers Sparkling Ale or their Pale Ale. If your a fan of the heavier ales I can also recommend an amazing West Australian brew called Hop Hog by Ferals Brewry. Though it may be next to impossible to find these over in the US. Looks like you'll need to go on an extended pub crawl through OZ :)

I like belgian wheats. I guess my go-to is blue moon because that's the most popular. other favorites are Florida Cracker, Kona Big wave golden ale, and Stella Artois

I like belgian wheats. I guess my go-to is blue moon because that's the most popular.
Blue moon is not really Belgian, I think? I would recommend Blanche de Namur or Blanche de Bruxelles, if you want to know what a real Belgian "blanche" is.

Last edited:
Stubby!!! But seriously I have a few go-to beers, it's hard to nail down one with so many good beers here in Germany :)

It travels well in bottles (living in America) in my experience. I rarely have the luxury of finding Bittburger or any good German beer on draught without seeking it out.

Top Bottom