What's new

What's your go to beer?

Go to's: Racer 5, Lagunitas IPA, Lagunitas-lil sumpin sumpin, Puddle Jumper IPA.

Specials, Pliny, Arogant Bastard, Double Bastard, Moose Droole, Old Rasputin.

Each from a bottle, poured down the center of a glass until all carbs fizzle away, topped off and enjoyed.

Cheers!!

When I'm not drinking some new microbrew from a filled growler, I will usually have bottles of one of the offerings from Shiner (Shiner Bock, Blonde, Black Lager, etc.) or Fireman's 4 Blonde Ale from Real Brewing Co. in Blanco, TX. All are readily available in stores here in the DFW area.

Shiner Bock, Modelo Negro, Guiness Draught, Michelob Amber Bock, Blue Moon and Bud Light are the normal purchases. We seek out some large expensive bottles of Belgian beers from Total Wine every so often for something really nice.

Off the top of my head (though this changes some from time to time, as I discover a new favorite or what's available)...

Terrapin Liquid Bliss
Left Hand Milk Stout (Nitro or otherwise)
Sam Smith Organic Chocolate Stout
New Holland Dragon's Milk

Here in Wisconsin, New Glarus Spotted Cow is widely available and very versatile. It's light-ish, not boring, not heavy, not too hoppy, easy drinking and New Glarus is still small enough that you can drink it and keep your street cred.

As for me personally? I don't remember the last time I bought the same thing on two consecutive trips to the store, so I don't understand the question. :001_smile
New Glarus beers are indeed outstanding.

I have the great good fortune to live in the Denver area, where there are over 100 breweries within an hour's drive. Like I just said in the coffee thread, don't but your beer in the grocery store. Go to your local, independent liquor store, and go crazy! Read The Beer Advocate or RateBeer... you'll learn a lot and never drink a Bud, Miller, or Schlitz again. There are now literally thousands of fine, small brewers in the US, find your favorites!

I interpret "Go To" as a single choice, which is a hard one for me. That said, if I could only make it one, it would be Ballast Point Sculpin.

Top Bottom