What's new

Hefeweissen season again!

Yes my favorite beer time of the year. Schells Hefe is available. So far this year I've had Schell's, sweetwater (waterkeeper) New Glarus Dancing Man, Sierra Nevada, and I have a six pack of Schlafly cans (!!) cooling in the fridge to try over the weekend.

Anyone else a summer hefe fan?

These used to be my favorite, but I've got a taste for hops these days. I did try a few hoppy wheats a while back that were alright though. Regardless, enjoy your tasty brews!

Live oak hefe
Weihenstephaner hefe
Paulaner hefe
franziskaner hefe
Krombacher hefe

Some of my favorites.

IPAs aren't my hot weather beer of choice due to the alcohol content. I like them to be under 5% if I can help it, though I target 5.5% when I make a hefe. Anything higher than that takes it out of the session beer range. Even 5% is on the upper end of session beers.

Last edited:
IPAs aren't my hot weather beer of choice due to the alcohol content. I like them to be under 5% if I can help it, though I target 5.5% when I make a hefe. Anything higher than that takes it out of the session beer range. Even 5% is on the upper end of session beers.

I do agree about the lower alcohol IPA's, i usually get lower end IPA's for a summer day if i cant find my favorite hefe's.

My favorite local craft beer. There IPA is excellent but this is my fav.

$wailing-wench_large.jpg

http://middleagesbrewing.com/beers/wailing-wench

Not sure it counts as a Heffe, but I had a Snapshot from New Belgium last night. Very good. It's labelled a Pale Wheat Ale. If it's still out when I make my next beer run, I'll definately pick some up.

Not sure it counts as a Heffe, but I had a Snapshot from New Belgium last night. Very good. It's labelled a Pale Wheat Ale. If it's still out when I make my next beer run, I'll definately pick some up.

Actually its a hybrid mixup of an unfiltered American Wheat/ Berlinerweiss / Witbier.

Top Bottom