What's new

Which kind of point is best for shaving a cleft chin (a chin dimple)

I am finally getting to the end of my search for a first straight razor..

I do; however, have one facial characteristic that may affect my decision. A cleft chin..

I have no idea if there is an ideal kind of point but I feel like it is a relevant inquiry. These chin dimples can be tough to shave.

Does anyone have any experience with this matter? If so, your input would be highly valued..

Take care,
Jason

Any point... Skin stretching will get the skin pushed aside to shave that section... Unless you got the Grand Canyon on your chin

I don't have a cleft chin but it occurs to me that if a woman's breast can be smoothed out with silicone why not a mere trifle like a chin cleft.

Mickey

I have a dimple and a pretty angular chin and never had a problem shaving it. I don't even stretch the skin. A round point would give you an easier way to get to hard to reach places without too much risk of cutting the skin but a square point would do too with a bit more carefulness.
in general, carefulness is the key until routine and motion memory take over.

Any point... Skin stretching will get the skin pushed aside to shave that section... Unless you got the Grand Canyon on your chin
I have one of these dimples, hidden under a goatee. Stretching it around just now, it seems that the skin there is pinned and doesn't move out of the dimple. I like square points anyway so that would be my choice. However, I never recommend square points to first timers. So, to the OP, I'd recommend a round point for your first razor. Perhaps nobody told you this, but if you like straights your going to end up with more than one anyway, so try a square point for your second or third razor.

I have a dimple and a pretty angular chin and never had a problem shaving it. I don't even stretch the skin. A round point would give you an easier way to get to hard to reach places without too much risk of cutting the skin but a square point would do too with a bit more carefulness.
in general, carefulness is the key until routine and motion memory take over.

+2. A gentle, light touch will get that area shaved. Works for my cleft chin also no matter which razor I use!

I've not found that any type of point either helps or hinders where my chin (clefted) is concerned.

+1

OP: I don't see how the point matters. Unless you planned on digging the point in. Then it doesn't matter what point you have on that straight as you'll have a bloody SPLIT chin at that point! ( no pun intended)

Top Bottom