What's new

B&M Soaps - Wow!

Just discovered Barrister & Mann soaps and scents - fantastic! Particularly intrigued by Roam; it's a scent that doesn't seem to have a counterpart anywhere...other scents may be floral or spicy or even "soapy"; Roam is a class of its own - my best description would be a leather chair in the club smoking room. Hence the quest - has anyone found a complementary AS that goes well with it? First thought is Tabac, but haven't tried it. Maybe a heavy duty fougere of some kind? So many products, so little time! :001_rolle

Last edited:
Thanks - good news! I know it's a polarizing scent, but Tabac is a favorite of mine, scent and performance, and Roam seems to have some vaguely similar qualities. The actual scent (which is fairly strong and distinctive on the puck) transforms with water and a brush, into a very pleasant, masculine scent (to me). Will be interested to try the AS. Also got B&M's Vetiver, Sage & Heather puck, which is very reminiscent of TOBS Jermyn Street to my nose. Lather and performance seem top-notch; I'm now officially a B&M fanboy!

Thanks - good news! I know it's a polarizing scent, but Tabac is a favorite of mine, scent and performance, and Roam seems to have some vaguely similar qualities. The actual scent (which is fairly strong and distinctive on the puck) transforms with water and a brush, into a very pleasant, masculine scent (to me). Will be interested to try the AS. Also got B&M's Vetiver, Sage & Heather puck, which is very reminiscent of TOBS Jermyn Street to my nose. Lather and performance seem top-notch; I'm now officially a B&M fanboy!

If you like a manly/leathery/smoky scent, you might like Stirling's Texas on Fire, too. It's another polarizing scent.

To me, Roam smelled like I just sat by a campfire. The scent is very smoky, ymmv. When I shave I want to feel clean, Roam made me feel dirty. I love the other offerings by B&M, especially Lime, lavender, and cedar.

I love the Bay Rum. Lather is great, scent is great. Although Bay rum is one scent where my opinion and the wife's differ...

Thanks for the Tombstone recommendation! Sounds promising, although I'm not normally fond of menthol in an AS.

Last edited:
Top Bottom