What's new

Anybody use a Keyport?

The best EDC related purchase I have made to date besides the keyport is the little $10 titanium pocket clip. It allows you to hang your keys in your front pocket and they don't bunch up, sounds silly but it makes a huge difference. I think I ordered mine from County Comm, warning if you haven't been there before your wallet will take a hit, super fun stuff!

That keyport system looks very useful and practical. When I was younger I use to carry 10+ keys but now I dislike that kind of bulk. Now I usually carry only two keys at any given time, the house key + vehicle key, with multiple key rings to chose from depending on which vehicle is being driven. Other keys remain on separate key rings to be carried only when needed. Not so convenient for me and I can certainly understand that the typical person may need to carry 4-5 keys daily. My biggest peeve is with those big vehicle key fobs.....I want a single small key fob capable of unlocking my car, house, etc.

I finally have some time off, so I'm going to check out the Keyport today and see if I like it as much in person as I do in pictures. Making things interesting, Massdrop has a 2 pack of KeySmart on their site for $30. That was one of the other key systems I was interested in, and the price is rather nice. If the Keyport doesn't work out, I may just order that and deal with the wait time.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
well the deal on Massdrop was to good to pass up for me.

$44.39 for the titanium and one red Keysmart. Which is less than the price for just one titanium on keysmart's website ($59.98).

I really liked the Keyport, but in the end I went with convenience. I don't have to order, take pics, wait for blades, get blades cut, etc.
And all the reviews were outstanding for the Keysmart.

Probably going to do the same. I went to the sort of local place and looked at the Keyport. It's cool in person, but by the time everything was totaled up the way I wanted, the price was close to $100. I like it, but not $100 like it. The KeySmart looks much better by comparison, especially at that price.

Woah! I'd never heard of Massdrop, very cool! I see a Vulfix on there as well :)

It's a cool site. They've had iKon razors, Feather razors, quite a few nice knives, and a bunch of other cool stuff. This is my first purchase, but I've been watching for a while. I just missed the EzGo wallet that really struck a chord with me, though I see it's on Amazon for not much more.

I love both of my Keyports, one for work, the other for home. They definitely help keep the pocket clutter down.

The keyport & keysmart look quite nice and functional. Did anyone consider a leather key ring pouch? I used something like this years ago, but it did not work with my current set of vehicle key transponders so I gave it up.
proxy.php

Lots of interesting ideas on Pinterest as well for various key pouches.

The keyport & keysmart look quite nice and functional. Did anyone consider a leather key ring pouch? I used something like this years ago, but it did not work with my current set of vehicle key transponders so I gave it up.
proxy.php

Lots of interesting ideas on Pinterest as well for various key pouches.

So I'm re-thinking my key situation. If I ditched all the fluff (bottle opener, flashlight, etc.) I could potentially just have my Jeep key/fob combo thing and then 1 house key. Then I could keep one of these leather holders in my lockbox in the car for all the keys that I only need to use occasionally (PO Box etc.). Hmm, I may be doing a PIF with a gently used keyport ;)

Top Bottom