What's new

Hen and Rooster Blade and Razor

Hello gang,
I was thinking about purchasing a Hen and Rooster straight, and was wondering if anyone can attest to their quality or lack thereof. It seems it is made with damascus steel. Does anyone know if this is quality or what it should be worth?

Thanks,
Bruce

Supposed to be German steel from Solingen, never actually eyed the one you are referring to. Most German blades are not damascus pattern though....

Hello gang,
I was thinking about purchasing a Hen and Rooster straight, and was wondering if anyone can attest to their quality or lack thereof. It seems it is made with damascus steel. Does anyone know if this is quality or what it should be worth?

Thanks,
Bruce

You could do a lot better here on the BST sub forum. Buy something here from a reputable member and be happy.

Frank

So one thing to check is whether it is a vintage one or a new one.
The vintage made in Solingen until the 70ies were reputable razor.
The name was bought and the new ones are rumored to be made in spain and are just rebranded frost cutlery.
I have not tried, but I saw posts claiming the steel is not hard enough to take a bevel, which match my experience with other cheap stainless steel razors.

You could do a lot better here on the BST sub forum. Buy something here from a reputable member and be happy.

Frank

Thanks Frank,

I will watch the forum here and try to snag a quality one. Im looking for one under $80 so i can learn to hone myself and if I mess it up I wont be too upset.

Top Bottom