What's new

Where Can I Order Fragrance Samples?

I'm a total fragrance noob, but I'd like to get into it.

Title says it--how do you gents go about sniffing samples until you commit? Besides the risk of purchasing and returning, what are my options?

For stuff I can't sample locally, I just hit up eBay. For instance, today I received 6 samples of Loewe fragrances. I paid < $10 shipped.

Don't forget B&B's own Archerfire in the Hobbyist/Vendor section. He has a ton of great samples available.

For items he doesn't stock I have been very happy buying from decantshop.com too.

Don't forget B&B's own Archerfire in the Hobbyist/Vendor section. He has a ton of great samples available.

For items he doesn't stock I have been very happy buying from decantshop.com too.

Perfect. 'Xactly what I was looking for.

Do a search here in the fragrance forum for "samples". The subject has been extensively discussed and there are a host of sites referenced.

The fragrance sampling is a wise idea. Be very careful buying whole bottles blind. sample on skin, check longevity and how it eventually dries down on YOUR skin, try it at least twice before you drop hard earned dollars on the big bottle. If you love it, then go for it.

Also check on line reviews of any fragrance, get an idea of how the notes are comprised.

Try some large chain dept stores and get an idea what you might like, many times they will give you samples also for free.

Decantshop.com is another

The best place to start is figuring out what you might like. There are lots of great fragrances that are easy on the wallet also.

Good luck and have fun with it.

If your taste runs to the niche fragrances, the ones you won't generally find in department stores, you can try Luckyscent.com. They charge for each sample, but its usually 3-4 dollars, and if you buy a bottle they give you 3 to 4 more samples with your purchase, and you can request which scents you want a sample of.

+1 Archerfire - generous sample sizes, large collection, excellent prices, well-labeled and packed.

Garry's Sample Shop is nice in the Vendor section. In a addition to his excellent selection of shaving soap and cream samples, he has about 25 After Shave samplers and a handful of EdT samples.

Fine Accoutrements has a nice sampler pack.

ateliercologne offers a post card sample collection.

Penhaligon's London Scent Library is available.

Genuine Ogallala Bay Rum Bonanza sampler easy to find.

Captain's Choice Aftershave sampler pack.

St. Johns Bay Rum site has a 6-piece sampler pack.

Barclay Crocker has a huge Bay Rum sampler and other samplers of After Shave, cologne such as TOBS, GFT.

Truefitt & Hill has a few nice samplers that include aftershave balms, pre-shave oils, creams, colognes

+1 Archerfire--repeat customer several times
+1 Garry's--repeat customer

Gotta love our own B&B folks ;)

Also, +1 on perfumedcourt and surrendertochance. Besides the drama f the splitup of the folks running it a year or two ago, they have almost anything you can think of.

And, be careful, but the B/S/T on basenotes is pretty good too.

Top Bottom