What's new

Left Handed PIF

I take great pride in being left handed and the uniqueness of being left handed. In August on the 13th is,
International Left Handers Day. In honor of that I'm doing a PIF. Because I want encourage left handers that they can use a fountain pen to write with.

Rules, this is for left handers, I will trust you. If you are left handed, have never tried a fountain pen or just getting into fountain pens. If you have not tried a fountain pen briefly explain why not, if you are starting out what is experience so far?

On 13 August, I will pick a winner. The prize pac will be 3 bottles of ink, and one fountain pen.

I want encourage left handers that can use a fountain pen successfully.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Brad, very generous.
Not it.

I am a lefty. I remember in middle school, the ink stains on the side of my palm when writing with a ball point pen. Since then I have modified my style a bit and no longer drag the side of my palm when writing. When I started using fountain pens a few years ago, I never really had any trouble.

Last edited:
Brad, wow.
I'm in, as both my wife and I are left handed. I could never leave math class without the smeared graphite so I figured FP were not in the cards.

Your gift would go to good use in my household, and I can tell you that it would be used on proper stationary and cardstock. My wife doesn't buy cheap paper so anything I write or she writes would be worthy of an FP and ink (my favorite is some paper from Florence, Italy).

Does using thicker paper help with the FP writing?

Very generous Brad. As a lefty myself, please count me in. I have zero experience with fountain pens, but have been getting curious about them. Just need a point in the right direction to get me started.

Cool pif! Lefthanded here, but long time fountain pen user. So I am not in :)

For all southpaws who read this; we lefties can enjoy fountain pens just as much as the righties! ;-)

I'm a lefty and am starting in the world of fountain pens (less than 6 months in).

I'll let you decide If I am worthy to participate in the PIF, or if I am too far into the world to enter.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
This is good. I used to be a draftsmen. We used india ink in our tech pens. It seemed we went through gallons of the stuff each month, not to mention a lot of it was deposited on the heal of my left hand as well as the front of my shirt. I used a few techniques that limited ink getting on my hand but even with that there was always a permanent stain...until I got laid off.

Lefty here, but in the right mind. I'm in.

Not in, but this is a fantastic PIF.

Being a lefty, it just took a little more experimentation with nibs and inks - but I've grown to use quite a few pens.

Here is a picture of the prize pack. The pen is a Sheaffer Triumph w/ convertor, three full size bottles of ink and two sample bottles of ink.

Attachments

• $IMG_0266.jpg
    $IMG_0266.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 168
That is extremely generous. Thank you Brad. It's true that B&B members are the most generous people. I've already entered above. But this is a great PIF.

Great PIF, Brad!

I'm a lefty and I recommend this PIF to any lefty looking into writing better and more enjoyably. No ink smears for this guy anymore! :biggrin1:

This is a really generous PIF going to a good cause (lefties). We're a dying breed!

I started writing with a Platinum Preppy I won in a PIF from Kevdogg329 (thanks man!) a couple months ago. I took so many notes while house hunting that it ran out of ink within two weeks. Since then I bought a blue and a black fine-tipped pen so that I can use them in a more practical sense other than just a nice fat signature on a form.

Good luck to everyone entering, I'm excited to see the outcome.

I'm a lefty. I am a true lefty, throw, write, bat and shoot. I always hated using ink pens. Hand turns into a stamp. Filling out paper work at a office can be very frustrating. One Dr. Office had me fill out info on a dry erase clip board. You can imagine what that looked like lol! Most lefties I know are the same way so not unique here. I always enjoyed drawing and graffiti (thank goodness for spray paint) jk ;). I never really gave fountain pens a second thought. My dad had some growing up and I always made a mess. I always liked how they wrote when he used it. Letters always looked more fancy. It would be pretty cool to learn how to use one. If I actually learned to use one I would definitely enjoy it. I'm actually surprised that there are lefties here using them. In any case very nice of you to offer this. Whomever you choose really nice offer.

Top Bottom